first timer

coachfish

May 23, 2009
hey guys, im a first time visitor to both the board and the island. ill be down in a couple of weeks and think i made a bad decision in booking my trip. i got a great deal on flights into santa domingo and booked them. my hotel is in punta cana. it looked close on the map, i thought they were about 20 to 30 minutes apart, i was told they are 3 hrs apart. is this true? how bad did i mess up? how can i get from sd to pc?

any help appreciated, looking forward to being there, i spend alot of time in belize and the family wanted to visit somewhere else and dr looked beautiful. i also watch alot of house hunters international, lol. punta looks great.

coachfish

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Last time I took a taxi, it was US$175 for two to get from SDQ to Punta Cana. It doesn't appear that there are flights from SDQ to PUJ anymore but even if there were, it would be very expensive. You may consider renting a car, but I've made the trip twice by taxi and wouldn't want to make the drive myself. You could also try Prestige Limousine Service. They have very nice vans/SUVs. I believe they charge around US$250 for the trip.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
look up caribe tours! will be the most cost effective transport

Caribe Tours dont offer service from SDQ to Punta Cana. If you wish to travel by bus, best bet will be Bavaro Express so will need to get a taxi to the parada at Maximo Gomez.