dominican birth certificate

sarita

May 5, 2005
my daughter is nearly 2 and was born in england but has lived here for most of her life. her father is dominican and i am english. am i able to get her a dominican birthcertificate or dominican citizanship. here father and i are devorced and he no longer has contact, hasn.t since she was six weeks old but on her britsh bc it does give her fathers details and says that he is a dominican citizan. her brother has both nationalities as he was born here he got his dominican birth certificate straight away. hope some one can help me with this . thanks xxx

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
my daughter is nearly 2 and was born in england but has lived here for most of her life. her father is dominican and i am english. am i able to get her a dominican birthcertificate or dominican citizanship. here father and i are devorced and he no longer has contact, hasn.t since she was six weeks old but on her britsh bc it does give her fathers details and says that he is a dominican citizan. her brother has both nationalities as he was born here he got his dominican birth certificate straight away. hope some one can help me with this . thanks xxx

As the father is Dominican citizen, she's also able to get her Dominican citizenship as well...

The civil status of both parents has little legal say on this. I mean being divorced/separated, etc...

You can't get a Dominican BC (not possible as she was born in England), but she can with ease get her Dominican citizenship!

As you have little to no contact with the father, your best option is to hire a reputable lawyer (DR1's Guzman comes to mind). The faster you do that, the faster you'll bring this issue to a happy ending!

sarita

May 5, 2005
he does have a cedula and i have the cedula number on a copy of our marriage certificate.