SOMEWHAT in relation to "Dog poisoner caight red-handed in Costambar"

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
.......Well, it doesn't seem like we are going to read the resolution of what happened to this matter on here since it seems the thread was closed.....".....

.....but I'd like to add this item AND give the followups so we can see WHAT DOES HAPPEN, in a related item without having any personalities involved.........

THIS IS TRUE..............

My employee (like family) of 15 years, whose family lives in Cafemba finds 8 of their chickens dead yesterday evening... He tells me they have HAD IT with this guy over there killing chickens, so he TOOK THE DEAD CHICKENS to the police and had a 45+- year old man put in jail last night.........the police came and got him...........

........evidently, he has been putting poison in the corn feed on the ground around his property so that if any loose chickens happen to wander into the yard they would die............

..........as of right this minute.......7:30 am, they are on the way to the fiscal, the man has been in jail "holding" overnight and supposedly the fiscal will tell them how much he will have to pay them for the dead chickens.........

SO, we shall see...........incidently, I had not chimed in on the "killing of the dogs" thread, but we also had one of our two dogs poisoned about 2 months ago, yet live on the other side of Costambar from where the alleged person involved in the previous thread related to the dogs lived. Our dogs NEVER leave the property unless one of them is on a leash walking with me.........so someone had to have thrown something over the wall...........

I'll give an update of how much these chickens are going for these days as soon as I know...........:ermm:

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Sounds to me like the neighbor was fed up with chickens coming on to his property and decided to do something about it. If your employee cared so much about his chickens, why didn't he keep them penned up? Maybe he prefers organic free range chickens?

Or maybe your employee is the guy with the rooster wandering over under the neighbor's window every morning at 4 am and waking up the neighbor on a daily basis and instead of whacking the rooster with poison corn, he only got the hens???

Not trying to pick a fight POP Bad Boy but I probably would have done the same thing, (except with a shotgun to make it more humane for the chickens.....) maybe it's not only gringos who get tired of other people's chickens

Last edited:

b.batista

Feb 21, 2008
Some argue that nobody has the right to allow his animals to invade their private property while the animal owners argue that the animals have a divine right to walk anywhere on Earth. The problem with the latter is that if the animals have that divine right, then they also have the divine right to be free and nobody could claim their ownership and could not take the legal action mentioned in this case. Gringo Carlos is right. Poisoning is not the choice way to deal with the problem but a person does have the right to protect his property against invaders of any kind.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Can you get people jailed when they let there animals run around without control and allowing them to bother you and penetrate your property?

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
poisoning animals

do you think maybe mixing poison in with corn might ATTRACT these poor unsuspecting animals? It is cruel and he should go to jail... period... the problem he has is with the owner NOT the poor animals looking to eat

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
do you think maybe mixing poison in with corn might ATTRACT these poor unsuspecting animals? It is cruel and he should go to jail... period... the problem he has is with the owner NOT the poor animals looking to eat

So, do you want him to poison the owner...?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
In many countries that have a strong emphasis on agriculture or ranching, (or used to, or pretend to) there are such things as grazing rights. If you don't want your neighbors animals grazing on your property, for example, it is your responsibility to fence it off in such a way that they cannot get in. Otherwise the animals are free to roam and graze as they like, without fear of being poisoned by some uptight asshole who thinks chickens and eggs grow on trees in the magical land of Supermarket.

Reactions: AnnaC

stephen186

Mar 9, 2009
In many countries that have a strong emphasis on agriculture or ranching, (or used to, or pretend to) there are such things as grazing rights. If you don't want your neighbors animals grazing on your property, for example, it is your responsibility to fence it off in such a way that they cannot get in. Otherwise the animals are free to roam and graze as they like, without fear of being poisoned by some uptight asshole who thinks chickens and eggs grow on trees in the magical land of Supermarket.

very interesting, In fact i am fully in compliance with this grazing rights. It is your responsibility to protect it and do everything that should not allow animals to enter your area. Animals are animals. they do not understand this and you have to understand it.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Clarification **and** outcome.........

First, to clarify, the land BEHIND the families property DID not belong to the person who did the poisoning and was jailed.............

Second, the land is open land, owned by distant family members in New York that don't care that the chickens are on the land..........it's a lot of land.......

Third, the accused, jailed person, has been "growing stuff" on the empty land for some time and noone has bothered him and they have allowed it. He lives outside of Cafemba in another part of Puerto Plata.............

JUDGE JUDY'S OUTCOME:

1. $4000.RD PAID right there to employee for his chickens in order for him to be released. He also had a lawyer and had to pay her............
2. Accused was told by fiscal not to go on the property any longer.
3. Employee had to pay $2000RD to his cousin lawyer.......(so much for family favors)...........
4. Employee walks with $2000RD and now is going to buy 7 new chickens at $150.RD each at the open market.........

I'd really love to know the outcome of the DOG's.............

mrchris74

Mar 14, 2006
Third, the accused, jailed person, has been "growing stuff" on the empty land for some time...

So he poisoned the chickens cuz they were eatin' up his dope?

4. Employee walks with $2000RD and now is going to buy 7 new chickens at $150.RD each at the open market...

So what's he going to do with the other $950RD?

$150RD seems like a lot for day old pullets. These are juveniles right?

Chris

Last edited:

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Hi folks
Here's the dog update such as it is.

Basically we went to the fiscal for the "arbitration" hearing & are now waiting for a court date.

Things move slowly in these cases & in the meantime last week a further 5 dogs & 3 cats were killed by poison in Costambar ...

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
So here in Santiago. Your guys are telling me that i caqn go and buy some 20 chivos and have them grrace around cerros don antonio and its up to the onwers of the property to protect their garden fro mmy chivos , and if they desided to put poison inseide their property they are liable if my chivos will trespas thier propery?

So when a neightbor desides to get into the lifestock business it affect fiancially the community, cuz now everyone on its proximity needs to invest in further protection of their property and cannot be to cruel because they cna go to jail?

El pais de la maravilla......
In my case i have a 2yaer old pitbull so I have to protect my house from biralatas coming in or any other dogs in case my dog kills one inside my property I cna go to jail right?

cassieann

May 9, 2009
So ffritz
does this make your case weaker now? she would be a bit dim to go and poison more dogs and cats when she is under investigation.
not always a good idea to offer a reward, i am not saying that she didnt do it or that the watch man is not telling the truth but it makes me think now did she didnt she !!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Things move slowly in these cases & in the meantime last week a further 5 dogs & 3 cats were killed by poison in Costambar ...

Yes I heard about that.

cassieann, there could be more than one person putting poison down. One dog ate something poisoned we think from the beach last week and then convulsed, fortunately outside a doctor's home, so the doctor immediately rushed out & injected the dog with a drug to stop the action of the poison. After a lot of effort the dog was saved.

Just mentioning this so that people in Costambar don't take their dogs to the beach.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
A lot of people put rat poison out there to keep that plague under control.
So, maybe dog owners should protect their dogs and don't let them run free because it just could happen that they eat some poison while trespassing somebody else's property.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Lambada
That dog was right outside the owners' house opposite the Los Mangos Golf Clubhouse - nowhere near the beach & it happened on the same day as the other dogs I mentioned earlier.

cassieann
This woman obviously has "issues", no rational person would poison their neighbours' dogs...
As regards the other poisonings, witnesses have seen suspicious behavior on the day in question which we are following up.

Nobody has come forward & claimed a reward, not even the watchman. However several people in the community have offered us help with our legal costs if we get a conviction in this case.

We really do have a love/hate relationship with this country at the moment, but on balance we couldn't see ourselves living ANYWHERE else. We still love it here! :)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada
That dog was right outside the owners' house opposite the Los Mangos Golf Clubhouse - nowhere near the beach & it happened on the same day as the other dogs I mentioned earlier.

Oh ok. The doctor was told it had been on the beach. Maybe there was yet another incident? :ermm:

Do you know if anyone has seen the perpetrator do this? Or does she put the poison down late at night or when no-one is around? Btw, no need to respond if it gives away too much of what you know.