codetel banda ancha + magicjack or skype?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
has anyone tried codetel's banda ancha (usb dongle 3G internet) with skype or magicjack yet? please state your results?
thanks.
AZB

EddyC51

May 26, 2009
I use MagicJack, I set it up with a number from the states and I can talk as much as I want to anyone in the States, (umm i think P.R. and Canada are free too), for only 20 $USD a year.
The quality is excellent (if im not downloading anything or surfing the internet because if the crappy internet here, well in my town at least).
For best results make sure your computer has USB 2.0, which is pretty standard nowadays but Ive been surprised with the computers ive seen here lol!
Also another nifty thing is, that you can call other magicjack owners in the country for free also. So the telephone company's highway robbery racket is pretty much nullified with this baby!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
obviously you didn't read my initiala post well. but thanks anyway.
AZB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I know a few people that are tethering their 3G Blackberry's and have great speed on their Mac's and PC's. It costs about RD$1400 + tax for unlimited usage.

My guess is the latency should be ok, I haven't heard any problems.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
has anyone tried codetel's banda ancha (usb dongle 3G internet) with skype or magicjack yet? please state your results?

use banda ancha with my daughters laptop,and we use skype all the time,as she is in school in Samana,and I am here in city most of the time...with no problems..
bob
thanks.
AZB

use banda ancha with my daughters laptop,and we use skype all the time,as she is in school in Samana,and I am here in city most of the time...with no problems..

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thank you guys but it seems I have solved my internet problem, especially when I am traveling. Thanks to a home made cantenna. It works like a charm.
AZB