Shipping items to Punta Cana

NBB

Dec 1, 2003
I've read some posts about shipping things to Punta Cana but I'm still confused about my best option. I would be grateful if someone has any further help.

I am getting my apartment in Cap Cana decorated. I would be shipping from Michigan to Punta Cana...strictly items for personal use like fabric, blankets, pillows, dishes, toaster, other household items. I think it would amount to 140lbs. I've evaluated taking things in extra luggage, but would much rather just send it down to someone who lives there full time.

Fedex is $$, USPS doesn't seem to deliver to Punta Cana, I'm not really sure how to use EPS or Vimenpaq. I'm hoping I could do all 140 lbs for $5-600.

Thanks for any suggestions.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I just found out a few days ago Air Canada freight opened it's first route to the DR. Which happens to be Punta Cana. A fairly large suitcase weighing $50 lbs is only $47cdn to send!!!!!

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Montero Shipping in the Bronyx

Best method by far. Buy anything you need at your local Sears when they have one of their super sales. They will do a transfer sale to the Sears in the Bronyx right next to Montero Shipping. Because your items are being delivered by Sears to an International Shipper you will pay no state sales tax in Michigan or NY. So essentially one trip to your local Sears is all you'll need to do, no fuss no muss. Call Montero Shipping ahead of time and get a quote. They will deliver by truck to Punta Cana or hold it at their warehouse in Boca Chica for pick-up. Here is a link to their website: Montero Shipping