Cost of Building a Pool & Hot tub

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Before I start, I will say I did use the search tool and could not find a suitable answer.

Does anyone have a rough idea of what it would cost approximately to build a GOOD (as in well made & good quality) pool?

Approx cost for a small, medium & large pool?

Additional cost for getting a built in hot tub at the end of the pool? (And for that matter where in the DR can you buy a hot tub by itself and approx cost?)

Including, the excavation for building it, the labor, all the supplies to build it properly and have the pool filled...etc.

This is on the North Coast (in case there are price differences depending on what area you are located in).

Or....if anyone has e-mail addresses for someone that could provide a professional quote, that would be great too!

Thanks in advance for any help.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Before I start, I will say I did use the search tool and could not find a suitable answer.

Does anyone have a rough idea of what it would cost approximately to build a GOOD (as in well made & good quality) pool?

Approx cost for a small, medium & large pool?

Additional cost for getting a built in hot tub at the end of the pool? (And for that matter where in the DR can you buy a hot tub by itself and approx cost?)

Including, the excavation for building it, the labor, all the supplies to build it properly and have the pool filled...etc.

This is on the North Coast (in case there are price differences depending on what area you are located in).

Or....if anyone has e-mail addresses for someone that could provide a professional quote, that would be great too!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Have a look here http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/89715-pool-builders-sosua-area.html?highlight=pools John Fitzgerald if he is still in the business of building pools is very reliable.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Our pool cost $15,000. We paid an extra $5,000 to increase the size by 1/4 to make a good sized pool. That was the second one we had built and they we both the same size and price. Good quality construction and pumps etc.

May 8, 2009
Alicious,

The price you will end up paying on your pool can vary greatly depending on the soils that you are building on. High water table, expansive soil, chipping through solid coral, building on a hillside, etc. will all play a role on how much you end up paying for the pool/spa. The soils also dictate how much rebar is used in the structural engineering. Another big factor has to do with the design of the pool, such as if it is a standard inground pool, vanishing edge, perimeter overflow, etc. Other factors that will play a role are the finishing details, such as the types of finish i.e. plaster, tile, coping, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: