Edgy East coast hairdresser needed

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Hi all
This is a question for the ladies out there.
Can anyone recommend a hairdresser, preferably in the Punta Cana / Bavaro area, who can cut edgy, european styles?

I've finally plucked up the courage to be rid of my long, long hair and go for a shorter, edgier style with layering, tapering + funky fringe (bangs?). I have pictures of what I'd like, but I'd feel a lot more confident if the hairdresser was familiar with cutting these styles.

A trip to Santo Domingo and Cabarete is on the cards so I'd be interested in hearing about recommendations in those areas too.

Thanks Ladies.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
There is a frenchman who can razor cut nicely in Los Corales, i have never had him cut my hair but a friend of mine did and it looked really nice. I dont know the name of the salon, but i beleive its the only one in Los Corales.

Hope that helps?!?!

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Thanks Laurajane - i guess he'll be near DiAngelos the pizza restaurant? i think i've seen a salon there. Will check it out. thanks again.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think that's the one, it's right next to the Italian restaurant in Los Corales, part of the Flavio Acuna spa.

There's also Bana in Punta Cana Village.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
On a related note as the heat settles into the DR for the for the next six or seven months it's time for my annual male tennis ball haircut. ;)

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
There is a frenchman who can razor cut nicely in Los Corales, i have never had him cut my hair but a friend of mine did and it looked really nice. I dont know the name of the salon, but i beleive its the only one in Los Corales.

Hope that helps?!?!

Went there yesterday, he no longer works there.
btw. they quoted 67U$dollars for colour + cut, a reasonable european price.

Does anyone know how to contact the Belgium hairdresser, if he is still in Punta Cana?

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Hairdresser found!

Hi ladies,
I'm the OP - and here's an update.
Never did find the Belgium hairdresser and could no longer stand my thick, long, medusa's nest of hair in this heat so I went back to the "Flavio Acu?a" salon in Los Corales.

Just had it cut and styled by Isabelle (a French lady) and she's done a brilliant job! She listened to what I wanted and managed to cut all the damaged bits out and reduce the weight of my hair without making it look too short.
(she is not a scissor-happy type of hairdresser - there are so many who see long hair and can't wait to cut it all off!).
She definitely knows her craft, I thoroughly recommend her and will be dragging the hubby there for a haircut soon ;-)

You don't always need to book an appointment, just walk in and have a chat. Unfortunately she only speaks Spanish or French, so take some pictures of what you want if you only speak English.

elmhas

Nov 17, 2008
awesome hairdresser - la romana

i've been in la romana for 3 years now searching for a decent hairdresser - and am SOOOO happy to finally found a GREAT hairdresser - young canadian woman named abby - she's new to la romana -

she loves what she does and is a sweetheart, and spends time with you - especially when your making a big change - 2 months ago she chopped off my long locks for a short modern style - i love it, and get compliments all the time - everyone keeps asking for my hairdresser - just got some highlights last month and i'm loving those too !!!! she doesn't work in any of the local salons - she works independently and comes to you - she is the BEST -

here's her info - abbyjabs@hotmail.com and 809-876-7379

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
thanks Elmhas - am now living in Bayahibe so Abby sounds perfect! There are 2 hairdressers here in Dominicus, both guys, but they only speak Italian :-0 Nope, not a word of Spanish... Lost-in-translation resulted in my poor hubby with the haircut from hell, took months to grow out.