Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to buy hot sauce in santo domingo?

Does anyone know where to buy Frank's Redhot sauce in Santo Domingo?

We were previously able to get it in pricesmart in Santiago, but they no longer carry it. Does anyone know where to get it?

I'm also particularly looking for the lime flavored one:

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

PriceSmart in Santiago did a one time shipment of the standard stuff, I was fortunate enough to have the presence of mind to buy a year's supply, sadly this was a year ago and they don't seem to have brought any more since.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

ok now we know why pricesmart santiago ran out.. you owe me some of yours LOL

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A competent retailer would take running out of stock quickly as a sign that they should re-order, but this is PriceSmart.

If you remind me periodically over the next couple of weeks I may remember to bring you some, I am in NY right now, and will be heading back in 2 or 3 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I tour the Walmart aisle with the hot sauces...I have a nice selection of hot to NO FUC&*(G WAY YOU MOTHER(*(&)(*!!!!SOB!!!!! Hot....In other words, more than any human palate can stand...
    One I particularly like is called "Slap my Butt and Call Me Momma!" (No, I am not kidding.)
    Mary Sharp's Hot Sauce, made in Belize is very good.

Let me know if you want some home made hot sauce...

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offers guys.. :-)

I've been tasting about 20 different hot sauces and I've decided Franks RedHot is one of my favourites. So I'm looking to buy it in bulk, preferably. If anyone knows where to get it in Santo Domingo, please post, meanwhile I've ordered a some more online to get me through the next month or so. Its actually pretty cheap on Amazon, $3.50/bottle or so - with another $3 or so in shipping (obviously we have to add EPS costs on top of that, but it still might work for larger orders)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I tour the Walmart aisle with the hot sauces...I have a nice selection of hot to NO FUC&*(G WAY YOU MOTHER(*(&)(*!!!!SOB!!!!! Hot....In other words, more than any human palate can stand...
    One I particularly like is called "Slap my Butt and Call Me Momma!" (No, I am not kidding.)
    Mary Sharp's Hot Sauce, made in Belize is very good.

Let me know if you want some home made hot sauce...

HB
    That would be in "shoot him pappy he's got shoes on" country I'm guessing.

There's no Walmart in the DR is there?

I have a collection of hot sauces. Among my favorites are Thai Sriracha sauce and Chinese chili paste.

In fact just last night I put some Sriracha sauce in a tomato sauce; overdid it, paying for it this morning.

I once had a sauce that was so hot I used to dip about one half inch of a chop stick in it and then swirl the chop stick around in a sauce to give it a spicey edge. I can't remember the name of that hot sauce.

I like Frank's but I can't remember ever seeing it in the DR.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen it, but then again I've never looked for it. FWIW try Omaha Gourmet on Churchill esq Pastoriza - they sell products of that type. There's another gourmet type place selling lots of imported sauces, relishes etc. on Bolivar just past Lincoln, heading west towards Churchill, can't remember the name.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adrianb View Post
    Thanks for the offers guys.. :-)

I've been tasting about 20 different hot sauces and I've decided Franks RedHot is one of my favourites. So I'm looking to buy it in bulk, preferably. If anyone knows where to get it in Santo Domingo, please post, meanwhile I've ordered a some more online to get me through the next month or so. Its actually pretty cheap on Amazon, $3.50/bottle or so - with another $3 or so in shipping (obviously we have to add EPS costs on top of that, but it still might work for larger orders)
    if you go to any of the mercados in china town,here in La Capital,they have a hot sauce called sriracha hot chili sauce that will put you in the emergency ward with more than 3 drops!!!!!
    bob

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    I've never seen it, but then again I've never looked for it. FWIW try Omaha Gourmet on Churchill esq Pastoriza - they sell products of that type. There's another gourmet type place selling lots of imported sauces, relishes etc. on Bolivar just past Lincoln, heading west towards Churchill, can't remember the name.
    Store on Bolivar was EATS...but it seems to be closed right now...
    bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast