just got my provisional cedula, now can I?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I checked the old posts via search and its a bit depressing. From what I can gather with my provisional cedula I can bring in a vehicle one time and pay reduced taxes and fees but its such a pain that its not really worth the trouble. Has anything changed lately for the better? Thanks for any input!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I checked the old posts via search and its a bit depressing. From what I can gather with my provisional cedula I can bring in a vehicle one time and pay reduced taxes and fees but its such a pain that its not really worth the trouble. Has anything changed lately for the better? Thanks for any input!!
You have to go to the "Exception" office of Adaunas to get the duty/tax waiver certificate.

I've heard from several folks it's not difficult at all.

I WOULD hire a customs agent in the DR, however. We used Teodulo Aquino in Santo Domingo. Let them fight the battles, they're experienced in doing so.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Thnks

Thank you Cobraboy, first bit of optimism I have gotten. I will follow your advice. Thank you so much. A cold jumbo is on me if you are ever in the Sosua area.