Dance and eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrSuerte

May 31, 2009
I want to go out and dance everyday while I am in the DR(puerto plata/playa dorada). I speak spanish so I can go places that speak spanish only. It seems to be cheaper to rent a car if I am going to leave the resort everyday. True? I like small clubs, big clubs what some may call "hole in the wall". I am not rich so I don't need to go to the topof the line establishments. I don't like uptight people anyway (lol). It does'nt seem like it will be hard to find food, but what are the places that I can go out to each day of the week. I even want to go out on monday and tuesday. I will be in town for 7 nights. Any suggestions. I am going to write it down so that i won't forget. I really am not afraid to go anywhere. Should I be?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I want to go out and dance everyday while I am in the DR(puerto plata/playa dorada). I speak spanish so I can go places that speak spanish only. It seems to be cheaper to rent a car if I am going to leave the resort everyday. True? I like small clubs, big clubs what some may call "hole in the wall". I am not rich so I don't need to go to the topof the line establishments. I don't like uptight people anyway (lol). It does'nt seem like it will be hard to find food, but what are the places that I can go out to each day of the week. I even want to go out on monday and tuesday. I will be in town for 7 nights. Any suggestions. I am going to write it down so that i won't forget. I really am not afraid to go anywhere. Should I be?

The taxi drivers will tell you where to go.

If you are going to all of these night spots just don't bring a purse or anything else you don't want to lose.

You also might want to try the discos in Sosua

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
You can also try HomeRun (formerly known as Tipico Azucar), a Dominican dance club in Monte Llanno (sp?). It's right on the road near the gas station, has huge neon palm trees, you cant miss it. I "believe" Sunday nites are the busiest.

You can go with or without a dancing partner. You will see dominicans of all ages here, fun place.

Monte Llanno is very close to Playa Dorado.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
to be honest there are no upmarket dancing places in POP. :cheeky:
you may try la canita (close to the port) or la barrica (on manolo tavarez justo) or rancho tipico (outskirts of the town). there are many other local clubs and car washes where you can go and dance.
depending on how strong your stomach is and how much money you have you may try different places to eat: close to el hospital (on manolo tavarez justo) there are several food vendors with rikis, fried yuka, chicken and so on.
on the malecon, closer to long beach end there are several small buildings on the beach selling food. try a place called dona gloria - they have great sandwiches and burgers.
opposite brugal plant there is a place called placita criolla - serving traditional dominian and creole food at decent prices.
in all those places you can eat for about 100-200 pesos per serving.

Status
Not open for further replies.