Pool Paint

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
That's not a bad price. Considering it costs nearly 1500 in Ochoa Santiago. I have found the best place to buy paint has been the Colors shop on the corner of that little plaza next to the new chinese take away and Edenorte in Sosua.

That where I bought my pool paint.

By the way if you want a small tip on painting your pool, do it at night!

Reactions: Black Dog

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Has anyone tried the chlorinated rubberized pool paint, I beleive there is no mixing - will it cause more problems or what ? lol I may not have worded the question very well.
I was all set to use the expoxy one ...then someone throws in another sort
I think they all have about the same life of four years which turns out to be two

carib

Jul 16, 2002
pool plaster

If you can, do not paint again. remove the old stuff and use a exposed aggrigate product and it will last for many years. Star Brite, pool brite, etc.
remember most paints suitable for a pool (like epoxy) are toxic and your soaking up those toxins every time you swim ....................
carib:chinese:

carib

Jul 16, 2002
plaster

jrhartley
SR. here is a link to the product that I think came from Ochoa-Santo Domingo. Its so hit and miss here.... well everyone knows.

Pool: Southern Grout & Mortar:Installation Systems for Ceramic Tile, Swimming Pools & Concrete Repair

The product is imported from Fla. It is guaranteed until the bag is opened and used (really!)... like a 10 minute guarantee!
My pool is 26' x 10'approx incl a spa end. We used 23 bags, I don't remember the cost, but it lasts a long time where it doesn't freeze. Also its not slippery.
One difficult part was to get the workers to apply it thickly. They do things one way and while I argued with them they plastered 40% of the pool with 3 bags. I had to get the construction supervisor to order then it listen to me.
Its importent to read the instructions completely. The product can not be allowed to dryout..... apply and fill the pool asap and keep it wet until the pool is full. It cures underwater... Dominican workers will think you are nuts.
carib-I have no connection to any of the companies I named here

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
hmmm it took three days to fill my pool last time- not sure i could stand around hosing it down for that long -maybe when I get my next pool I will try it

carib

Jul 16, 2002
water

hire a worker to keep the top misted, unless you want to keep painting & painting & painting.................. & painting $$$$$$$$$
3 years so far and my pool looks like it was finished yesterday
carib

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
sounds good- I feel a poll coming on tiles/paint/staybrite/marmalade
salt or non salt......maybe I should fill it in and grow potatoes