How to make a Collect Call to North America

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Probably something I should already know but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about making a collect call to North America. I am on a cell plan with Claro ... any help would be appreciated...thanks Tom

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
it will cost the other party a fortune. get on the net and make calls for free from www.bueno.com

AZB

Good information but you didn't answer my question. The calls in question would be to my banks, fund dealers etc and thus I am really not at all concerned with the cost. Tom

Feb 7, 2007
You cannot make collect calls form cellphones. From Codetel landline you can use AT&T, Sprint, etc. look up their International Access numbers on google. The number will look like US number (1-800) but is free form Codetel/Tricom landlines (not frm cellphones).

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Skype allows FREE dialing to US 1-800 numbers, or .02/minute dialing to US numbers, well worth downloading it. US numbers can not be dialed collect from 809/829 cellphone numbers, you will still be paying for airtime on Claro.

If you don't want to use Skype, it's very cheap to call 1-800 numbers from a "Centro de llamada".

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
no you cant

Skype allows FREE dialing to US 1-800 numbers, or .02/minute dialing to US numbers, well worth downloading it. US numbers can not be dialed collect from 809/829 cellphone numbers, you will still be paying for airtime on Claro.

If you don't want to use Skype, it's very cheap to call 1-800 numbers from a "Centro de llamada".

the Centro's will when you dial an 800 number give you a voice recording to call 881 which will cost you 10 peso a min. From a home landline you should have 0+ dialing, for collect third party ect. just like in the USA, but no access to this feature from a Cel.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
You cannot make collect calls form cellphones. From Codetel landline you can use AT&T, Sprint, etc. look up their International Access numbers on google. The number will look like US number (1-800) but is free form Codetel/Tricom landlines (not frm cellphones).

thank you rubio...tom

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
From a codetel landline dial zero and inform the operator you want to call a number in the US "cobra revertido". If the operator asks who to tell them is calling tell the operator "es un banco, soy un cliente".

To make a collect call you must be calling a local number with area code not a toll free number.