Nightlife at the beaches

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
dr1 is trying to put together a list of nightlife spots in Boca Chica, Guayacanes and Juan Dolio.

We were out there collecting business cards for restaurants and I would assume that many of the restaurants stay open late for drinks.

If anyone knows any spots please share.

Thanks!!

bear1

Jun 4, 2009
Restaurants in Boca Chica Juan Dolio & Guayacanes

Boca Marina 5 star seafood
Boat House ( every Sat & Sun for great ribs ask for Clarence! )

Juan Dolio:
El Meson, El Sueno
Mandalay ( new across from the Capella) Great food and atmosphere
Guilias Sports Bar

Guayacanes:
Deli Swiss
Playa Pescadora ( on the beach good food & reasonable prices )

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006

Juan Dolio:
El Meson, El Sueno
Guilias Sports Bar

Guayacanes:
Deli Swiss

Thanks for the response. We have a pretty extensive list of restaurants but I was looking more for night spots. I got Mandalay and Guilias but El Meson, El Sueno, Deli Swiss, & Playa del Pescador close pretty early.

Unless I am mistaken?

Rico K.

May 11, 2009
www.juandolio.info
In the area of Playa Juan Dolio (the original, old part of Juan Dolio) there are quiet a few night spots with approx. 300 yards of walking distance along mainstreet.
? Cafeteria Naito (frequented mostly by locals - excellent Hamburger!)
? Bar "Cacique" (many european expats, Pooltable, preferred place for singles...)
? Bar & Restaurant "Popeye El Marino" (stylish and directly at the beach)
? Bar "El Bamb?" (visitors mostly from Santo Domingo, Metro Country Club, american & european expats, a few locals - good place for couples or families, Pooltable)
? Bar "Don Pedro" (mixed guests from all over the world)

There are some other - mostly italian - restaurants along the strip ("Bahia Del Duque", "La Grotta Azzurra", "El Sue?o" etc.) which sometimes are also open late.

Right now I'm working on a web-presentation for the Playa Juan Dolio but it is still in the early stages. There is still a lot to do (I know "how", but since it's just a sparetime-hobby, not always "when"...) and will take some more time (which I don't always have...) to provide more detailled information.
If anybody wants help (own Articles, Reviews or Pictures...) he or she's invited to do so.
You can check it out at www.juandolio.info

P.S.: The same goes for all small businesses in the area... just send me your text/pictures and I will publish it - it's all for free and there are really no strings attached.
The only condition is that the text should include actually some information (for example: since when is the business operating, what is it they are doing there, who is running it etc...) and not just the usual phrases like "We are best...", "We are the cheapest...", "Only we can..." etc.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
In the area of Playa Juan Dolio (the original, old part of Juan Dolio) there are quiet a few night spots with approx. 300 yards of walking distance along mainstreet.
? Cafeteria Naito (frequented mostly by locals - excellent Hamburger!)
? Bar "Cacique" (many european expats, Pooltable, preferred place for singles...)
? Bar & Restaurant "Popeye El Marino" (stylish and directly at the beach)
? Bar "El Bamb?" (visitors mostly from Santo Domingo, Metro Country Club, american & european expats, a few locals - good place for couples or families, Pooltable)
? Bar "Don Pedro" (mixed guests from all over the world)

There are some other - mostly italian - restaurants along the strip ("Bahia Del Duque", "La Grotta Azzurra", "El Sue?o" etc.) which sometimes are also open late.

Right now I'm working on a web-presentation for the Playa Juan Dolio but it is still in the early stages. There is still a lot to do (I know "how", but since it's just a sparetime-hobby, not always "when"...) and will take some more time (which I don't always have...) to provide more detailled information.
If anybody wants help (own Articles, Reviews or Pictures...) he or she's invited to do so.
You can check it out at www.juandolio.info

P.S.: The same goes for all small businesses in the area... just send me your text/pictures and I will publish it - it's all for free and there are really no strings attached.
The only condition is that the text should include actually some information (for example: since when is the business operating, what is it they are doing there, who is running it etc...) and not just the usual phrases like "We are best...", "We are the cheapest...", "Only we can..." etc.

Anybody with contact info for:

Cafeteria Naito or Bar "Don Pedro"

I didn't get these when I was out there. Thanks!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

Juan Dolio:
El Meson, El Sueno
Guilias Sports Bar

Guayacanes:
Deli Swiss

Don?t forget Bistro Marianna in Juan Dolio next to Guilia, good Italian food, good prices and a very pleasant atmosphere!!!
Furthermore in Juan Dolio you have Las Brisas.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Don?t forget Bistro Marianna in Juan Dolio next to Guilia, good Italian food, good prices and a very pleasant atmosphere!!!
Furthermore in Juan Dolio you have Las Brisas.

Hey Frank,

Of course I included Bistro Marianna, Lu and I ran into you there :)

Las Brisas? Any contact info?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
in boca chica hotel mozart.food and nightlife are very nice.

sorry, as of two weeks ago mozart is closed and up for sale.

I don't think there is anywhere you can go in Boca Chica for a nice drink and/or night life. There is a night life but I don't think that is what the OP is asking about.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
it is not on the beach...and not really for gringos. BUt Patio Alegre in Andreas is a LOT of fun. Gingos are welcome...but its a rough ride on a moto down some back roads....but a GREAT place!!!!!

irateskateboards

Oct 4, 2006
Boca Chica, Dominican Republic
it is not on the beach...and not really for gringos. BUt Patio Alegre in Andreas is a LOT of fun. Gingos are welcome...but its a rough ride on a moto down some back roads....but a GREAT place!!!!!

i been in andres with my motoconcho buddy roberto a few times.i like that beach kind of by the jagged rocks where i see surfers out sometimes.
is that patio alegre that is kind of close to the autopista where the guaguas are at? i remember another place close to what looks like a flea market.i got some good deals on some poloches there.
never had a problem even thru the late night gagas during easter.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Whats the name of that disco on the south side of the street just up (parallel) from Duarte, where they close off at night with tables and chairs.