Will electric price increase stop rolling blackouts?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
With the monetary increase being as large as it is, will it be enough to stop or at least limit the amount of energy blackouts? Has there been any study by denorte or the government on this? ;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this be a very short answer: no.

ps with this increase we may have the most expensive electricity in the world, no?

Feb 7, 2007
ps with this increase we may have the most expensive electricity in the world, no?

You betcha. I think we already have had highest electricity prices in the world.

Just for comparison, spot electricity prices in the USA:
Bloomberg.com: Energy Prices

The most expensive is $40 dollars for megawatt-hour, for those whose math skills are weaker: this translates to approximately RD$1.43 pesos per kilowatt-hour.

there's nothing more to add to that....

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
With the monetary increase being as large as it is, will it be enough to stop or at least limit the amount of energy blackouts? Has there been any study by denorte or the government on this? ;)

Don't dream about that or you will never wake up.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
People in the barrios with illegal hookups or big companies that get away with not paying a cent? It's dead cheap for them.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hire all of the out of work Dominicans and have them generate electricity like Gilligan did.

Hook them up to a bamboo bicycle and feed them sugar cane.

Am I kidding or not...???

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Like Diamonds, Blackouts are Forever

Now, now folks!

We must all do our share and pay for the government's use of electricity.
What do you expect them to do, use the taxes they collect?

Taxes are for the political payrolls, not government bills!

How soon do you think it will be before they start charging ITBIS on electricity like they do for the telephone service?

Uh-oh, I should not have said that!
I just gave them another way to increase their pocket money.

TheHun

May 4, 2008

Sure!
Didn't raising gun and ammo prices stopped gun violence?

IMO if energy will cost more, more people will have illegal hook-ups, which will ends to even more black-outs. :ermm:

The Hun

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Sure!
Didn't raising gun and ammo prices stopped gun violence?

IMO if energy will cost more, more people will have illegal hook-ups, which will ends to even more black-outs. :ermm:

The Hun
That's my guess, too.

Raising the price just makes more folks unable to pay for it, creating MORE "electric criminals."