"To Tweek" not in ordinary vocabulary

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As some people here already know, we are blessed with a computer "tweeker". the guy happens to love camels, ships that slip through the night, and young women.

About a month and a half ago i contacted the fellow, complaining about my lack of satisfaction with McAfee and their internet virus blockers. I had re-ordered, much like I had done before a couple of years ago, but I could not get it to boot up on my computer...I sent emails to them, called them, all to no avail. So I went to Rocky, and he suggested a couple of alternatives, none of which could I get to work. I eventually got a 30 Day Free Trial of AVG, which ended yesterday.

Fortunately, our camel loving friend got back, and told me to "come on up" so he cold "tweek" it...

Friends, all I can say is that my piece of crap, 5 year old Dell was on its last legs, slower than molasses in March. the Doctor was gentle with me, and suggested that i wait in the parlor....

A few ticks later I was asked by one of his nurses to "go see the doctor" and I feared for the worst...but the smile on his face was encouraging, and he said he just wanted me to see how messed up the thing was. "Go back to your book," he said.

In what seemed to be moments, I was called back, shown how to do a few thing and the about-to-be-chucked-Dell is now cavorting like a young colt...faster than when new, protected against the baddies, oh so comfortable to use.

So, Thanks Marc, you are truly a good friend. I am grinnin' like a big goof right now, and want you to know that you are the cause.

Very much in your debt.

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As some people here already know, we are blessed with a computer "tweeker". the guy happens to love camels, ships that slip through the night, and young women.

About a month and a half ago i contacted the fellow, complaining about my lack of satisfaction with McAfee and their internet virus blockers. I had re-ordered, much like I had done before a couple of years ago, but I could not get it to boot up on my computer...I sent emails to them, called them, all to no avail. So I went to Rocky, and he suggested a couple of alternatives, none of which could I get to work. I eventually got a 30 Day Free Trial of AVG, which ended yesterday.

Fortunately, our camel loving friend got back, and told me to "come on up" so he cold "tweek" it...

Friends, all I can say is that my piece of crap, 5 year old Dell was on its last legs, slower than molasses in March. the Doctor was gentle with me, and suggested that i wait in the parlor....

A few ticks later I was asked by one of his nurses to "go see the doctor" and I feared for the worst...but the smile on his face was encouraging, and he said he just wanted me to see how messed up the thing was. "Go back to your book," he said.

In what seemed to be moments, I was called back, shown how to do a few thing and the about-to-be-chucked-Dell is now cavorting like a young colt...faster than when new, protected against the baddies, oh so comfortable to use.

So, Thanks Marc, you are truly a good friend. I am grinnin' like a big goof right now, and want you to know that you are the cause.

Very much in your debt.

HB
Thanks for the kind words, Don Luis.
It was a pleasure to see you and a blast to get that old lame duck up and flying like an Eagle.
The reason you did not find that word in the ordinary vocabulary is that it is spelled with an "A".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tweak

And for any and all who are close enough to Sosua to drop in with their puters, sick, dead, almost dead, a bit slow, virus infested or whatever... Please bring them on over.
I love doing this and can never get enough, and of course, there is no charge.

See ya HB.
Thanks for visiting.
Regards, Marco.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I too can attest to that...an all round Mr Niceguy, nothing he wouldnt do for a friend or go the extra mile...or 10!

And thats before even commenting on his remarkable capabilities with puters;)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have never met Rocky "the man" but he has also helped me with my new computer.
Thanks Rocky! Thanks to you I should have no viruses on my PC.

A

apostropheman

Marc genuinely enjoys fixing all types of computer issues and happens to be amongst the best at it!

While he does not charge for his services they are certainly "priceless"!

In reality he could charge top dollar, and be the best bargain on the island, and I bet he'd still still have a lineup of people waiting to make use of his skills!

I hope that those he helps offer something in return...like bringing him something down on their next vacation that he cannot get in the DR. ;):bunny::bunny:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
try referring peopele to his business for lunch and dinner. This would certainly help him. He is a great guy and goes out of his way to help people.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
$th of July is a Saturday. I normally do not work on Saturdays, unless there is a judo tournament...hummm, I can smell the ribs............

"TweAk" ....okay...I must have been influenced byt Tweeter>>>Do you think???

Poppa HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
try referring peopele to his business for lunch and dinner. This would certainly help him. He is a great guy and goes out of his way to help people.
AZB
I have received MANY a refurbished machine at the hands of this man (Marco) & have always been delighted with the results. He does his 'TweAKing' whilst I play golf at Playa Grande or comes over to my home when he is passing through!! The cups of tea &/or the issue of Yorkshire T-bags to take back to Sosua are a very small price to pay for such service!

His COMPANY ain't that bad either!! :cheeky: :pirate:

AZB ..... you should read the memos from Head Office more often. Marco no longer OWNS Rocky's - he just uses it as his base for enjoying well earned retirement now! :ermm: :surprised ~ Grahame.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have received MANY a refurbished machine at the hands of this man (Marco) & have always been delighted with the results. He does his 'TweAKing' whilst I play golf at Playa Grande or comes over to my home when he is passing through!! The cups of tea &/or the issue of Yorkshire T-bags to take back to Sosua are a very small price to pay for such service!

His COMPANY ain't that bad either!! :cheeky: :pirate:

AZB ..... you should read the memos from Head Office more often. Marco no longer OWNS Rocky's - he just uses it as his base for enjoying well earned retirement now! :ermm: :surprised ~ Grahame.

wow, where have I been lately? I didn't know he sold his restaurant. Umm, I better have a chat with marco on msn messenger soon. Thanks for the heads up.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
I also say thank you Marco....I have a one-month-old computer that was already acting up, and your cures did the trick - you're THE MAN !

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Marc sorted out the problems I had with regard to our laptop which was unable to connect to wireless and had also lost its ability to have sound - that was task number 1. I then took him Mr WB's "beastie" which would not start for me and we thought had a power supply or motherboard problem - after being in Marc's hands it is back to perfection. Next he installed a new DVD drive into my computer and 'tweaked' it so that it now runs like a superfast machine. His latest conquest was to revive what we thought was a 'dead' hardrive on our spare computer - he is a wizard and a great friend in all ways. May I take this opportunity to publicly thank Marc for the great job he is doing and assure him that I have friends with at least 5 more computers which I will get to him soon!!