Rocky's Annual 4th of July BBQ Bonanza !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Does any one know if Rocky is hosting this event this year?

Last year I attended and was treated to the " Best Burger " of my life !

The Salads were great , not to mention the fabulous deserts.

I hope he throws this splash again because after that we all go to the live music on the beach!

Last years U2 concert was unforgetable !

Best Beef South of the Ponderosa !

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2008
Mike,

I second that. I hope Rick decides to carry on with it. It's a great way to get many of the folks together in one place at the same time. It's lots of fun, and it's always nice to meet people face-to-face, with real names, right jr?

I'll be there whether there is a shindig or not, but a July 4th party would make it much sweeter. I'll buy you a beer, Mike, and you too, jr, if I actually see you this time.;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
We're on !!!!

Mike,

I second that. I hope Rick decides to carry on with it. It's a great way to get many of the folks together in one place at the same time. It's lots of fun, and it's always nice to meet people face-to-face, with real names, right jr?

I'll be there whether there is a shindig or not, but a July 4th party would make it much sweeter. I'll buy you a beer, Mike, and you too, jr, if I actually see you this time.;)
I'll be contributing a big batch of ribs.
I'll find out the exact details from Rick, but I expect it'll be the same as all the other years, cheap price, all you can eat, Burgers, Steaks, Sausages, Hot Dogs, Salads, etc.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
have they become Ricky Rocky Ribs and Lemon Marco Pollo....to compete with hooters and will they be served by roller skating waitresses

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Does any one know if Rocky is hosting this event this year?

Last year I attended and was treated to the " Best Burger " of my life !

The Salads were great , not to mention the fabulous deserts.

I hope he throws this splash again because after that we all go to the live music on the beach!

Last years U2 concert was unforgetable !

Best Beef South of the Ponderosa !

Maybe the u2 concert was unforgetable because you didnt see U2..that was a U2 cover band...do you really think U2 was playing at sosua beach?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Maybe the u2 concert was unforgetable because you didnt see U2..that was a U2 cover band...do you really think U2 was playing at sosua beach?

It was a U2 tribute band and it was in Cabarete and they looked and sounded very close to the real thing.

It was a great day.

pick pick pick

Reactions: Lucille

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Of course we are going to do the party. I'll be speaking with Marco very soon and starting to co-ordinate what is necessary to make sure this works like in other years. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available and remember to come hungry.

Rick

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dafishguy: It was a please meeting you, and, as I expressed at the time, I wishyou every success as the continuation of the legendary place.
I do hope to make it this year, so put me on the list., O please...

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Dafishguy: It was a please meeting you, and, as I expressed at the time, I wishyou every success as the continuation of the legendary place.
I do hope to make it this year, so put me on the list., O please...

HB
Maybe you could 'Come Early' & work an appetite up going round Playa Dorada golf course with me?? :pirate:

Sounds to me as though you have all the right tools for continuing the 'Rocky's' traditions in a professional manner Rick - more power to your elbow (& any other part that needs power to it!!) ~ Grahame. :cheeky:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Giddy up

The party's on and here are the details.

Saturday July 4th starting at 2 PM 'till 8 PM, all you can eat BBQ at Rocky's on Calle Dr. Rosen, Sosua. 809-571-2951
The main menu consists of BBQ steaks, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Sausages & Salads. (More than likely there will be some home made pies and deserts included)
True to tradition, the party is about good friends getting together and having some good eats and a good time.
PRICE: 299 pesos.

I'll be putting out a few large batches of Ribs throughout the day.
Hopefully we will talk one of our friends into making her world famous noodle salad. Not to mention some incredible homemade pies and cakes.

Just add your name to the list.
R.S.V.P.

Hillbilly
Drcaycu
Dafishguy
Rocky

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Giddy up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The party's on and here are the details.

Saturday July 4th starting at 2 PM 'till 8 PM, all you can eat BBQ at Rocky's on Calle Dr. Rosen, Sosua. 809-571-2951
The main menu consists of BBQ steaks, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Sausages & Salads. (More than likely there will be some home made pies and deserts included)
True to tradition, the party is about good friends getting together and having some good eats and a good time.
PRICE: 299 pesos.

I'll be putting out a few large batches of Ribs throughout the day.
Hopefully we will talk one of our friends into making her world famous noodle salad. Not to mention some incredible homemade pies and cakes.

R.S.V.P.

Hillbilly
Drcaycu
Dafishguy
Rocky
Rick & Miguelina

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Another one coming