The Dollar Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
On the main road just past El Choco is a new Dollar Store - anyone have any information about it - when it's going to open, is it going to open. It's pretty big and the outside is finished seem to be working on the interior.

Thanks.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
What ever they will be selling it will be a nice improvement for the area. The store is large.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Seems they will have over 7,000 typical items from abroad, I hear. The regular stuff you'd find in N.America dollar stores, which could be a real plus for here, depending on how they actually price it.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
It would be great to have a $1 store like in the States! Any info on when it's due to open?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
The Dollar Stores in the states, in New York at least, are no longer $1 stores but really $1.25 stores now.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Any idea if it's going to be similar style then to the "A 20 y 10" store in POP? (At least I think that's what it's called..I haven't been by it for a few years...so my memory may be off...)

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
My guess is it'll be similar, but it's much larger than the one in Puerto Plata.

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Not knowing how long things will take at customs, I recently spoke to the builder/owner. He wants to open the first or second week in July. However, if customs are involved, it could be much later.

The owner was animate that he would be open by the middle of July. His words, not mine.

Rick

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Actually it is not near the new hospital as the hospital is not near el choco road. The Dollar store is right at the el choco road turn off near Ocean village and el choco restaurant as well as the international funriture center. It is a very large store and you cannot miss it. It is about 1km or less past (going from Cabarete to Sosua) the Costal station on the same side of the road.

The new hospital is closer to the town of Sosua and is after the Mulata road turn off and about 500 meters or so after the Sosua Car wash which is now the Electra company building. It is just past otto's furniture. This all is about 1-1.5 km west of the Dollar store and not near the el choco turn off.

Bob K

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Rick, did you ask if he really intends to sell the 7000 or so items for $1 dollar....??

All I know is that he said there would be a wide selection of items priced at $1.00 but also that there would be many other items usually not associated with your typical dollar store. They are supposed to have a modern meat counter, a pharmacy and other sections that you would not find in a dollar store.

If it turns out as good as he says, we are definitely in for a treat here in Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.