Punta Cana Airport to Santo Domingo

missionarydr

Jan 8, 2009
Hi.
I know the country well but its my frist time coming into Punta Cana airport and going straight to SDG. I'm used to either coming in at SDG, or the one time I came it at Punta Cana I bused from Bavaro to SDG (having stayed a night in bavaro)

My flight arrives this saturday, at 1h50 pm. Ideally I would need to get to SDG that day- someone will pick me up there. Taxis are not an option- other than maybe getting to Highey or...- otherwise too expensive.

Essentially, I want to know the closest place from Punta Cana airport to catch a bus for SDG...that would fit in the schedule...and I'll taxi it to there.

Please help me?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Direct to Santo Domingo - get the Expreso Bavaro in Ver?n, but you'd have to get there by 3pm when the last bus departs.

(Unless there is another one at 4pm on Saturdays? Does anyone know?)

The alternative is a local guagua from Ver?n to Higuey where you can get another one to SD.

missionarydr

Jan 8, 2009
Okay, Veron- that's really close to the airport, isn't it? I think it would be possible, even if very tight...

So I get a taxi to veron, either way. If I miss the expresso, I go to Higuey.

When we say guagua, are you meaning the van San Pedro type guaguas, or the local small minibuses?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Schedule

I'm adding an old post but basically still relevant.

The following is the express bus schedule from the Punta Cana / Bavaro area to Santo Domingo and return. EXPRESO BAVARO a.k.a. Bavaro Santo Domingo Express as of January 2008. At this time the fare to Sto. Domingo from Sitrabapu / Friusa station is 300 pesos*, the fare from the station near the airport should be about the same and the fare from Beron should be less.

The buses are comfortable with a/c. There is storage space for luggage. There is a comfort stop in La Romana. Travel time to Sto. Domingo is about 3.5 - 4 hours depending on time of day and traffic conditions.

Stations:
Estacion Sitrabapu, (Bavaro)
Carr. Coco Loco Riu in front of Friusa, Tel. 809-552-1678

Estacion Beron (Veron)
Hotel Flor del Sol, near the Beron (Veron) crossroads Tel. 809-455-1473

Estacion Punta Cana (airport)
Parada (bus stop) Punta Cana, near the Punta Cana airport. No phone listed. ( Note this station is about 2 miles from the airport on the route to Veron. You would need to take a taxi - about US$ 10-15, if you miss the bus departing from this station proceed further on same road to the Veron Crossroads where you can encounter the Hotel Flor del Sol station.)

Estacion Sto. Domingo
Juan Sanchez Ramirez No. 31, near the corner with Avenida Maximo Gomez
Tel. 809-682-9670

Bus Schedules:

Bavaro ? Sto. Domingo; 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm
Sto. Domingo ? Bavaro; 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm

Beron ? Sto. Domingo; 7:00 am, 8:00 am 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm
Sto.Domingo ? Beron; 7:00 am, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm

Punta Cana (airport) ? Sto. Domingo; 8:00 am
Sto. Domingo ? Punta Cana; 2:55 pm

Note: It is less than ten minutes from the Punta Cana airport to Beron/Veron, should you miss the 8:00 am bus from the station near the airport, and you can take a taxi US $15* to Beron to acquire the express bus service from Beron for the 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, and 4:00 pm departures.

If you are going to the Punta Cana airport from Sto.Domingo, of course you take the the 2:55 pm bus. At any other time you can use any one of the other bus routes and ask the driver to drop you off in Beron at the Beron Taxi station to acquire a taxi US $15* to the airport.

Also Note: that Chiri advises "local guagua from Ver?n to Higuey where you can get another one to SD" are the large air-conditioned type.

If any other poster can add more recent information please do so, we want to keep the viewing public happy and well advised.

Regards,
PJT

*fares are subject to change at any time.

missionarydr

Jan 8, 2009
Ahhh thank you, very clear.
So...the bus is at 4 and not 3?
Becase if its at 4 I have nothing toworry about timing.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The Beron (Veron) ? Santo Domingo route from Hotel Flor del Sol has added a 3 pm departure time and the last bus for the day departs at 4 pm.

The tariff as of this date, June 10, is RD 300.

Regards,
PJT

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
upon arrival at the PC airport you grab a cabby and tell him to bring you the 10 minutes ride to the Sitrabapu bus station in Veron.
there you grab the next guagua(they are busses sized from 20 seaters - 50 seaters, all models, don't worry, they are save) to Higuey, let the driver know to drop ypou off at the bus station for santo domingo, they pass by there anyways.
here you grab the next Expresso to santo domingo.
the guaguas from Veron to Higuey run around every 20 minutes all day long, the Expressos from Higuey to Santo Domingo depart at least twice per hour, if i got it right they have actually 3 per hour.
that way is quicker than the so named "Expresso Bavaro-Santo Domingo" described above, much less stops when entering the capital city, saves a lot of time.
their final stop is at their main station in santo domingo at the "Parque Enriquillo".
for the way back you can use the same procedure reverse.
happy travels
Mike