Looking for cheap calling cards from Canada to DR

dragonfly5555

Aug 13, 2008
I had been using Vox Fiesta, but am only getting about half the minutes that I previously got. Just wondering if anyone has purchased any lately at a good rate per minute--they seem to change frequently.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Try G3telecom.com
It's what I have used since 2004.
And you don't have to go out and buy it.
You pay online either by credit card, and you instantly have money on your account, or you can send the company a cheque or money order.
It's great, because you give up to 3 primary #'s you would usually call from, and then you don't need to enter a PIN # every time. Just dial a local #, and it will prompt you to enter the Long distance #, and that's it! (For example I have my home, cell and work entered, so I can call from there without having to enter the silly PIN# every time)
It also keeps record of all your calls, so if you ever need proof of #'s you called and since what date, you will have it.
Unlike actual phone cards, there is never any proof of WHO you were calling and dates, etc.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
If you want to make 1 long phone call, the Minute Pass card is pretty good. With a $2.50 card you can talk almost 40 minutes straight to a cellphone, there are a few others out there, but so far that one has been the best for 1 long call. If you want to make several short calls, then it really depends, its hard to gauge how many minutes you get, they will say 20, but only give you 10 ect. If anyone else knows of any other good ones, that'd be nice.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
G3's rates are ok, and would probably be pretty good for short and sporadic calling. The fact that it tracks calls is nice too. However 1 long call, the phone card I mentioned is less than half the rate.

G3's rates: lowest being promo rates, highest being "regular rates"
Cellular 12.4? - 15.9?

All of Dominican Republic 5.8? - 7.9?

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I got lucky with G3, because the 829 cell # I am calling, would not connect..so they had their tech department work on it, and I guess they didn't realize 829 was a DR #, they thought it was a USA $, and since then I only get charged the USA rates for calling! woohoo :p lol

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Awesome. I used to use a Copa del Mundo, and Yo Yo calling cards that had the same glitch, I could talk for 2-3 hours with $2, I must have cost them a bunch. They have since fixed the 829 glitch. Hmm might check into G3 then, theres a good chance its the same thing with all 829 numbers, have you tried calling different 829 numbers?

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Yes, some 829 #'s charge at the DR cell rate, some don't work at all for whatever glitch...this cell is the only one I have been able to call and get billed at the USA rate.

With the other ones that don't work I haven't bothered to call tech support so not sure if the same thing would happen or not....

I just think whoever fixed it just assumed it was a USA # for whatever reason, and set it to bill at that rate...I debated letting them know their mistake, but decided not to, as it is their error, and if they fix it eventually I won't complain, but for now....lol

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Good to know. Maybe I'll try the minimum payment see what happens, If i just say im callin an 829 number, and not say dominican maybe i can be so lucky.