1st timer to Punta Cana...

M

mark

Hello and thank you for reading this.. I will be leaving for Punta Cana in 11 days - I have only been to 2 caribbean beaches
Cancun and Nassau- thats it as far as caribbean travel goes for me..
I see a lot of people post about how nice the beaches are in Punta Cana- and these poeple list all the places they have been
and they mention at least 10 other caribbean beaches they have vacationed at, So I was hoping that some people could give me description of how they liked the Beahes- Where they flat or steep, alot of beach or a little?, etc,,anything would be great .
Mark

E

Em

The beaches there are beautiful! I have not been to as many places as some people but have been to two different places in Cuba, Manzanillo and St. Kitts and I have never seen beaches as nice as Punta Cana. The sand is extremely fine and soft and white as white can be. The beach runs in both directions for miles and miles. The beach is not the widest I have seen but still the best. Hope you enjoy your trip!

F

FRED

I have been to several islands in the caribbean, and have found Punta Cana's beaches to be the best by far! They go on forever and are soft to walk on. Many areas of the Punta Cana beaches are extrememly wide and roomy. I don't believe that you'll be disappointed at all!

Enjoy,

Fred

M

Mel

We just got back and loved the beach. We were trying to figure out if it was on the Atlantic or Caribean Sea from the map. It looked like the Caribean, but when we arrived we were told by the dive shop it was the Atlantic. So the water is a little colder, not by much, and rougher. The types of underwater life will be different as well. The nice part about it is that you get a constant wind off the ocean that keeps you cool.

K

Karen

Mark-I have been to beaches all over the Caribbean and Bermuda as well and no place have I ever seen beaches as beautiful as Punta Cana. Withthe palm trees right on the beach you always have a choice of sun or shade. The sand is so soft and powdery that it never gets hot.....you will LOVE it....

P

Pam

I really loved the beach in Punta Cana. My favorite is still Cancun but the beach in front of the Riu resort is definitely comparable. The water is beautiful and there are gentle waves. In Cancun, the waves were beautiful too but rough enough to knock you down.You won't get knocked down in Punta Cana. There are lots of Palm trees to stay under too. I wish they had those in Cancun. They were wonderful.