Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Santiago major traffic problems

What's happening? It would appear that the new throughway's overpass and tunnel are crumbling. Anyone from there have an update? I just got back from there. What a ****ing traffic mess.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    What's happening? It would appear that the new throughway's overpass and tunnel are crumbling. Anyone from there have an update? I just got back from there. What a ****ing traffic mess.
    Yeah I'd like to know too, heck I even didn't know we had a tunnel!

What tunnel and overpass are you talking about?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Yeah I'd like to know too, heck I even didn't know we had a tunnel!

What tunnel and overpass are you talking about?
    Road from Hache's towards the university, Price Smart etc. The section of that same road that runs under the autopista. This road was closed between the University and Hache. I saw a big section that "caved in" . Scary crap after only a few years.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Throughway might be new but the sewage pipes are 30 years old
    Colapsa tubería de aguas residuales

Hundimiento al pie de elevado provoca cierre de vía en Santiago :: CLAVE digital

Look at the size of the hole in pics.

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not the only problems here in Santiago.

Some of the major arteries are so bad that you practically need a 4x4 to get through. The "M" car is the one that runs a circle around the city and there are spots that they were using the other side of the road because the holes were so deep. I look in amazement everyday and wonder how the major routes can be so bad and not be maintained. How can the transportation unions not demand the rapid repair of these routes? Guess they are no better then the government, collect taxes and dues but do nothing to help the people.

Thanks for the heads-up, supposed to be heading to La Vega this morning, that should be fun getting out of Santiago (Or back in).

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, a forty year old sewer collapsed after years of overloaded semis rolled over it...like that never happens in the "developed world" ....???

A major mess for traffic, that is for sure...

Fortunately, for us locals, there ARE ways around it...

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

there are police check points all over santiago at night. They are frisking tigres for weapons and checking papers for their vehicles.
    AZB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Road from Hache's towards the university, Price Smart etc. The section of that same road that runs under the autopista. This road was closed between the University and Hache. I saw a big section that "caved in" . Scary crap after only a few years.
    That is not exactly true. I crossed over la E Sadhala last night on la Ave Argentina, only a short distance from the intersection with the autopista, and the road was open.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of major problems here in Santiago, the wife and the kids are in the campo and I'm all alone, so I have to eat all by myself, what a bummer.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    That is not exactly true. I crossed over la E Sadhala last night on la Ave Argentina, only a short distance from the intersection with the autopista, and the road was open.
    Maybe they roreopened the underground part because yesterday the underground part and the area where the big hole is were closed. You could trravel on the other parts. Which by the way made things even worst. Going from 3 lanes to 1 twice. Lol.

By the way AZB the police could also start clamping down on the beggars. Little kids come up to cars on the highway, women with kids on the streets etc. I was hit on by beggars in Santiago more in a few hours than in Sosua in a whole week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast