should i look for job in DR??

elzorro

Apr 17, 2009
i recently moved from usa chicago, im receiving social security disability insurance, i have a review every 3 years, the thing is that it is like 25000 pesos montlhy, but i need your opinion about job market, i have to associate degrees from usa and bilingual, but my health is not that good, i think tha tmy social security payments are more secure that a job here since i could get fire anytime from a job.....opinions please

KikoPresidente

Mar 20, 2009
Excuse me. No offense intended. I hope you do not choose and/or seek work where writing and grammar are needed. Best of luck and I wish you all the best with you health.

God Speed.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If you have family, or a house in the DR, or are paying a low ret you should be able to survive off your 25,000 pesos per month and take your time in finding something that will give you extra income. Good luck.

elzorro

Apr 17, 2009
i have no problems with the amount, i have no rent and own a land where i think i could build a house to rent, i have decided the best thing is to keep the benefits, cause is more secure and could mean mor emoney than a job....

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
You could work in the DR and the US Social Security Admin would never know the difference. ;)

...unless you tell them. :cheeky:

(don't tell anybody) :paranoid:

OU812

Jun 15, 2009
i recently moved from usa chicago, im receiving social security disability insurance, i have a review every 3 years, the thing is that it is like 25000 pesos montlhy, but i need your opinion about job market, i have to associate degrees from usa and bilingual, but my health is not that good, i think tha tmy social security payments are more secure that a job here since i could get fire anytime from a job.....opinions please

Sigh! Are you kidding me?? You should never risk losing those benefits!!! Especially that you posted on an open forum, so now you risk S.S finding out about that you really can work. BAD IDEA!! Again, people have to wait until they are 65, maybe 67 now to obtain such benefits and it only goes up each year anyways...Keep your personal stuff to yourself and just ask for advice or help in finding that job...Best advice for you, go to Elance.com..I don't think e can post links, not sure...But whatever talent you have, you can create your own site on their site, and bid on projects that you can do from home. Some of those (jobs) pay 100,000 if they are looking for a long term commitment. That's 100,000 over 1-2 could be 5 years. Most important, you can just work 2 weeks for one place, than move on to another etc depending if you win the bid etc...Good luck!

Noel