Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Learning Center vs. Children's World

Hello,

I'm asking for this information for a friend of mine.
    Any comments, opinions or answers to any or all of the following questions will be greatly appreciated!
    Can someone please provide comments on both sch ls?
    Would you send your own children there and why?
    What is the reputation of both school and the directors?
    Which would be a better schoo to work at?
    Which provides a better educational experience?
    Professionalism and cost difference between the schools?

Thanks!

P.S - Would love ANY feedback from parents who's children attended either of these schools

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing these schools are on the north coast somewhere?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The Learning Center is in Cabarete, although I believe they also have a branch of this school in Santo Domingo.

Children's World is in Sosua, and a relatively new school. I think only 1 or 2 years old?

Besides that I don't know too much, but I'm pretty sure there will be some people here on the board that have children attending one or the other, or have heard about either of them!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised I thought more people would have piped up by now! Or maybe the parents are just too busy now that their kids are on break! (At least I think they are on break by now??)

There was a recent thread that had some information about The Learning Center. I haven't heard much about the new school Children's World though. Would also be interested in hearing some opinions on that school....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi alicious
    I had the pleasure to be invited to Children's World's first graduation day on sunday and I was very impressed with everything I saw. It was a great day, well organised, full of student participation. The students that I spoke to were full of praise for the teachers! Some of the teachers, including Utha Breun (hope I've spelt that right) were previously at the learning centre so I don't know how losing them has effected the learing centre.
    If I had children of school age (mine are grown up) I would be more than happy to send them to Children's World!

Post Thanks / Like

Learning center does NOT have a branch in Santo Domingo, only 1 school in Cabarete.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kays1961 View Post
    Learning center does NOT have a branch in Santo Domingo, only 1 school in Cabarete.
    Sorry, my bad, I was informed by a teacher in SD that they did have a branch there.

Maybe a similar name or something then?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Appologies La Barbie
    I addressed my reply to Alicious and it should have been to you, I'm still getting the hang of this lol

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by la_barbie View Post
    Hello,

I'm asking for this information for a friend of mine.
    Any comments, opinions or answers to any or all of the following questions will be greatly appreciated!
    Can someone please provide comments on both sch ls?
    Would you send your own children there and why?
    What is the reputation of both school and the directors?
    Which would be a better schoo to work at?
    Which provides a better educational experience?
    Professionalism and cost difference between the schools?

Thanks!

P.S - Would love ANY feedback from parents who's children attended either of these schools
    hi my son is 4 years old and has just finished his first year at children's world, he will definately be going back after the summer vacation.
    Children's world is a new school it's been open a year but in that year it's achieved more than most schools have in 10 or 15 years. The school is very organized and the teachers are helpful, freindly easy to approach and very good at teaching.They provide many activities and trips, it is very child orientated. The school although only open a year has an excellent reputation all the parents of children attending this school are very happy. There's only good comments on the street. As the other poster said the graduation was spectacular.
    The school is in a nice quiet setting away from the busy roads and there's lots of room for the children to play and relax.
    Children, parents and teachers are all very happy. The owner and principle are very easy to approach and will do their best to help you in anyway they can. This school is an excellent choice to anyone who wants their child to be happy and educated well. As you can proberly tell i am very happy with this school and so it seems are many others as its filling up quickly for the coming year.
    hope this helps xxx

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cost?

Do you mind sharing tuition costs for the year?

Quote Originally Posted by sarita View Post
    hi my son is 4 years old and has just finished his first year at children's world, he will definately be going back after the summer vacation.
    Children's world is a new school it's been open a year but in that year it's achieved more than most schools have in 10 or 15 years. The school is very organized and the teachers are helpful, freindly easy to approach and very good at teaching.They provide many activities and trips, it is very child orientated. The school although only open a year has an excellent reputation all the parents of children attending this school are very happy. There's only good comments on the street. As the other poster said the graduation was spectacular.
    The school is in a nice quiet setting away from the busy roads and there's lots of room for the children to play and relax.
    Children, parents and teachers are all very happy. The owner and principle are very easy to approach and will do their best to help you in anyway they can. This school is an excellent choice to anyone who wants their child to be happy and educated well. As you can proberly tell i am very happy with this school and so it seems are many others as its filling up quickly for the coming year.
    hope this helps xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast