Learning Center vs. Children's World

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Hello,

I'm asking for this information for a friend of mine.
Any comments, opinions or answers to any or all of the following questions will be greatly appreciated!
Can someone please provide comments on both sch ls?
Would you send your own children there and why?
What is the reputation of both school and the directors?
Which would be a better schoo to work at?
Which provides a better educational experience?
Professionalism and cost difference between the schools?

Thanks!

P.S - Would love ANY feedback from parents who's children attended either of these schools

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
The Learning Center is in Cabarete, although I believe they also have a branch of this school in Santo Domingo.

Children's World is in Sosua, and a relatively new school. I think only 1 or 2 years old?

Besides that I don't know too much, but I'm pretty sure there will be some people here on the board that have children attending one or the other, or have heard about either of them!

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
I'm surprised I thought more people would have piped up by now! Or maybe the parents are just too busy now that their kids are on break! (At least I think they are on break by now??)

There was a recent thread that had some information about The Learning Center. I haven't heard much about the new school Children's World though. Would also be interested in hearing some opinions on that school....

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Hi alicious
I had the pleasure to be invited to Children's World's first graduation day on sunday and I was very impressed with everything I saw. It was a great day, well organised, full of student participation. The students that I spoke to were full of praise for the teachers! Some of the teachers, including Utha Breun (hope I've spelt that right) were previously at the learning centre so I don't know how losing them has effected the learing centre.
If I had children of school age (mine are grown up) I would be more than happy to send them to Children's World!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Appologies La Barbie
I addressed my reply to Alicious and it should have been to you, I'm still getting the hang of this lol

sarita

May 5, 2005
Hello,

I'm asking for this information for a friend of mine.
Any comments, opinions or answers to any or all of the following questions will be greatly appreciated!
Can someone please provide comments on both sch ls?
Would you send your own children there and why?
What is the reputation of both school and the directors?
Which would be a better schoo to work at?
Which provides a better educational experience?
Professionalism and cost difference between the schools?

Thanks!

P.S - Would love ANY feedback from parents who's children attended either of these schools

hi my son is 4 years old and has just finished his first year at children's world, he will definately be going back after the summer vacation.
Children's world is a new school it's been open a year but in that year it's achieved more than most schools have in 10 or 15 years. The school is very organized and the teachers are helpful, freindly easy to approach and very good at teaching.They provide many activities and trips, it is very child orientated. The school although only open a year has an excellent reputation all the parents of children attending this school are very happy. There's only good comments on the street. As the other poster said the graduation was spectacular.
The school is in a nice quiet setting away from the busy roads and there's lots of room for the children to play and relax.
Children, parents and teachers are all very happy. The owner and principle are very easy to approach and will do their best to help you in anyway they can. This school is an excellent choice to anyone who wants their child to be happy and educated well. As you can proberly tell i am very happy with this school and so it seems are many others as its filling up quickly for the coming year.
hope this helps xxx

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
Cost?

Do you mind sharing tuition costs for the year?

hi my son is 4 years old and has just finished his first year at children's world, he will definately be going back after the summer vacation.
Children's world is a new school it's been open a year but in that year it's achieved more than most schools have in 10 or 15 years. The school is very organized and the teachers are helpful, freindly easy to approach and very good at teaching.They provide many activities and trips, it is very child orientated. The school although only open a year has an excellent reputation all the parents of children attending this school are very happy. There's only good comments on the street. As the other poster said the graduation was spectacular.
The school is in a nice quiet setting away from the busy roads and there's lots of room for the children to play and relax.
Children, parents and teachers are all very happy. The owner and principle are very easy to approach and will do their best to help you in anyway they can. This school is an excellent choice to anyone who wants their child to be happy and educated well. As you can proberly tell i am very happy with this school and so it seems are many others as its filling up quickly for the coming year.
hope this helps xxx

sarita

May 5, 2005
hi, it's 300 US per month for your first child and 250US for every child after that. hth xxx

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Contact Info

Hi,
I am hoping someone can give me the contact information for the Learning Center and Children's World Schools. I would appreciate, phone numbers, email or website info. I can't seem to find anything online!
Thank you!

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
What language are the children taught in? I too would be interested in the contact / website info. We are moving to the North Coast next year from Canada. My children will be 11 & 7 so am starting to look into the schools. Does anyone have any experience with the Sosua International School?

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
I have looked through alot of threads and cant find an email address for Childrens world school or the learning centre school. Can anybody help.

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
The phone number for Children's World is 809 571 2405. The Head is Ute Braun. The email address I have is childrensworld60@yahoo.com, but I have never used it and it may now be out of date.

I hope that helps.

Adrian

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Hey,
By some miracle I ran across this russian website and found phone numbers and email for Children's World and the Learning Centre! Plus others!
?????????? ??-??????: ???????????? ? ??????????, ????? ? ????????????? ??????????

Children's World email is the same as above, I sent them an email and it didn't come back as failed so hopefully someone still checks it. There was also an alternate phone number to try 829-616-4633.

The Learning Center
Punta Goleta no:1,Carretera Cabarete-Sosua,Puerto Plata Rep. Dom.
Tel./Fax:
(809) 571-0478
learningcenter@codetel.net.do

Does anyone know why the Garden Centre School's email does not work nor the website???