Help from Mac users

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Fellow Mac Users,

I have updated my MacBook Pro in about a week or so with Apple's recent software update. I don't know if it's a co-incident, but from that time my battery goes down in about an hour. It use to last 3-3.5 hours after a full charge. The temperature of the laptop also seems to be a bit higher.:surprised
The Mac is about a year old.
Did you noticed similar problems after your updates?
Do I need a new battery? Perhaps a bug in the software update? How often did you have to replace the battery in your Mac?
I appreciate your responses.

The Hun

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've downloaded the updates and haven't seen any difference in the battery life or temperature of my MAC. It does seem to sporadically 'hang' or slow down sometimes since then though. Mine is also a year old.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I've downloaded the updates and haven't seen any difference in the battery life or temperature of my MAC. It does seem to sporadically 'hang' or slow down sometimes since then though. Mine is also a year old.

Thanks a lot for the quick response.
I'll do an SMC reset and see what will happen.
The Hun

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Just an update in case others has the same problem.
I did an SMC. Here is how to do it:
1, Turn off the notebook, wait until shots down completely
2, Remove the battery
3, Hold down the power switch for more than 5 second (5 sec on MacBook Pro, other Mac notebooks over 10 sec.)
4, Reinstall battery
5, Turn on notebook

Now the battery holds the charge, the temperature of the notebook is barely noticeable ( it did get really hot) and even the overall performance seems to be better. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Whenever you have a battery / performance issue, you should try this first. ;)

The Hun

Reactions: AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Just an update in case others has the same problem.
I did an SMC. Here is how to do it:
1, Turn off the notebook, wait until shots down completely
2, Remove the battery
3, Hold down the power switch for more than 5 second (5 sec on MacBook Pro, other Mac notebooks over 10 sec.)
4, Reinstall battery
5, Turn on notebook

Now the battery holds the charge, the temperature of the notebook is barely noticeable ( it did get really hot) and even the overall performance seems to be better. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Whenever you have a battery / performance issue, you should try this first. ;)

The Hun

I never knew that - thanks!!!