Info On Villa Rosa Guayacanes?

bear1

Jun 4, 2009
Villa Rosa Guayacanes

I did not know this was even open.
We have a beach house in Guayacanes and this hotel has been pretty much deserted for years. I have seen some movement around their ie: the beach bar which I heard had opened? The only hotel that i know of that is half decent is the Playa Esmeralda Beach Resort which is at the other end of Guayacanes towards Juan Dolio. There are plenty of small boutique hotels in old juan dolio where there is not allot of constuction and several restaurants in the area.
Guayacanes is a great spot for people who just want tranquilty. There is only a couple of restaurants and hardly any night life if any at all.. Old Juan Dolio is quiet and clean. Lots more to do and see. It is only a 5 min moto concho ride to Guayacanes if you want to visit. Once again I would say there are better options than the Villa Rosa I have heard some reviews on a hotel/apartment complex in old Juan dolio called the holland guest house. Guesthouse Holland There are also some nice apartments to rent in front of the beach (juan dolio) at Don Pepe's Bar . Real nice family and clean rooms as well. Some Italians have a few newer apartments for rent right on the beach as well. This time of year everyone is hurting so you can get some good deals. Believe me this is nothing at all like Las Terrenas..

gataylor

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks very much for the information. It will be very helpful. I am definitely looking for something peaceful for the first four or five days of a three week vacation in the DR. Friends will be meeting me at the airport and driving me east. I suppose we can just take our chances and check a few things out along the way. But I will definitely look at the website you linked in your reply.

Once I have decompressed in Guayacanes, my friends will come back for me and we will be exploring the extreme southwest all the way to Pedernales and along the Haitian border if the roads aren't too wet in early August.

I've been to Las Terranas each year since I first visited the DR in 2005. I found a lovely little hotel for $30/night right across the road from the beach on the east side of town. But you're right - each year it seems that LT has gotten busier and busier.

Thanks again! Maybe I'll run into you while strolling the beach one day.