another battery question lol

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i recently replaced my eight old batteries with four new ones, since then ive had three phone calls from the person that told me they were no good asking to buy them
I refused the price of rd$ 3500 from the original offer , does anyone have an idea what I should be asking, how much do the metal men give you...? and have I been duped again lol? he seems very keen to buy them but not keen on paying a lot

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
i recently replaced my eight old batteries with four new ones, since then ive had three phone calls from the person that told me they were no good asking to buy them
I refused the price of rd$ 3500 from the original offer , does anyone have an idea what I should be asking, how much do the metal men give you...? and have I been duped again lol? he seems very keen to buy them but not keen on paying a lot

I would really like to try 4 of them for the purpose of our worker's TV etc. I will send you a PM.

TheHun

May 4, 2008

There is an Interstate Battery place in Santiago. I have their number at my office. They usually charge me around 1000-1400 pesos for the core (old battery) based on the size.
I don't know if they buy cores only without the exchange. I know in the US all battery place buy your batteries - even if you don't buy new one from them.
BTW, I like Interstate and I'm glad they are in the DR. I got 4 of their inversor batteries at home. In the last 10 years we sold a $hitload of them in the US, only 2 had to be replaced under warranty. One of them was damaged by a bad alternator.
My friend at the one of the GM dealer said they have a high failure rate of Delco batteries. According to him 6 out of 10 are defective. :surprised
If you need their phone number let me know.

The Hun

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Im sure the metal man used to give at least 500 for old batteries but the last one that came offered 100 so i took it back lol (it was new one that didnt go with the others)

I seem to have imagined that the metal men give 1000 this is what I asked from the people that came to fit new batteries- was this unreasonable and was their offer of 350 a joke

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Here in Santiago they pay RD250 in the street, but the most I have ever heard you can get is RD350. If they will pay RD1000 per battery I would say that is a good deal.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
oh dear i must have imagined it lol- no wonder they laughed at my offer, he still keeps ringing me though to see if i changed my mind

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the offer went up to rd4000.00 for 8 batteries today,but dont contact him through the office....I havent told him i only have 4 batteries at the moment lol

so that would be rd 500 each

luima

Jul 25, 2009
batteries

3,500 is a good price for the old 8 ones

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the revised offer of RD$ 4000.00 was better, but by that time I had decided to keep them...he still asks me for them (its not you is it LOL)