two cats lost in costambar

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
our two cats disappeared last night.
male: albeit sans balls, very big adult cat, white with black tail and black patches on his butt and head.
female: small siamese, light with darker paws, tail and face.
please let me know if you have seen them.
here is a pic:
2nkuuso.jpg

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Our cat............

..........disappeared last week in Costambar also............we live down past the Golf Club..........I think I know what happened to ours, but I am sure you don't want the details.........we also lost another about 5 years ago....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no, i don't want to know. i want to cling to hope they will be back.
:(

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Didn't realise you lived in Costambar now. Your male isn't much of a wanderer is he? I'm in Costambar in the morning, I'll keep eyes peeled........and everything crossed. I do hope it isn't another...............incident.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you all. i still have hope they will both turn up.
the big cat is castrated and cowardly, he would not be easy to catch. he is also dead scared of dark skinned people so not an easy dinner.
small cat very friendly but does not like to be held and moves like an eel in a barrel of oil so hopefully not an easy catch either.
we have been in costambar for about a month now, lambada.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Knowing how important your animals are to you only makes the disappearance of your cats even more sad - although they are obviously great friends, I find it odd that they have both disappeared together and only hope that some 'kind' soul has perhaps inadvertently shut them into a space / room from which they are unable to currently escape. Do check behind all closed doors, although I am sure you will have already done so. I hope you are reunited with them very soon.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Those are two really beautiful cats and that's coming from a dog lover! I really hope you find them as I'm sure it's devestating to lose them. It's odd that they both disappeared - do you think they are together? How did they get away - are they outside cats?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we started letting them outside when we moved here, they were spending evening and mornings in the garden. i find it strange they are both gone as tachi really is a cobarde and he would not just go outside the gate. plus, a wall is very high.
small kitten climbed a palm tree once and fell on the other side of the wall but i found her in exactly the same place in the morning, she was scared and did not move.
realistically i think they were either killed or sold. i just hope that whoever bought them will contact me...

Feb 15, 2005
Go to Jenny's and Cablevision with the information and be willing to give a small reward of sometype. In Cablevision, the workers are all over Costambar and may see them.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I put the word out while I was in Costambar this morning - the people I spoke to didn't seem to know about your cats disappearance (& one of them was a bakery you were at yesterday, so I hope I've done the right thing). I was thinking the more eyes there are looking, the better.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you, ginnie. i spoke only to my neighbour who happened to be in r&b last night since her cat was visiting us. i thought maybe our cats followed him...
i was searching all day yesterday and this afternoon i spoke with neighbours and campo de golf workers. i don't think i am capable of much today, i just had my nail pulled out :(

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
I don't live in the country to experience losing a pet firsthand but I am shocked at the constant news of disappearing pets on the North Coast. Since Christmas, I have read on DR1 about six pets or more that have been stolen or have gone missing or have been poisioned. As someone who does not have kids, my dog (a Scottish Terrier) is like my child, I cannot imagine what everyone must be going through. It's pretty scary. Maybe it's best if everyone just leaves their pets indoors unless you are right there with them. I can't believe people in the DR eat cats... I asked my husband (Domincan) and he said yes, Haitians eat cats, dogs, horses, whatever and that he has ever heard of Dominicans eating animals like this. Don't worry DV8..... I'm sure that is not what happened. Either they are lost somewhere waiting to be found or someone stole them because they are so beautiful.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
I hope you find them. I know what it is like to miss a pet. I have two furry felines myself and I don't know what I would do, if I lost them. They are indoor cats though and after my neighbour's dog killed two of my previous ones that's where they are going to stay.
Good look, I really do wish they are found.

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have been walking our dog every day, even before i was on a lookout for cats and i noticed many people in costambar let their animals out. gates open, low walls, dogs walking outside. no wonder they go missing or get poisoned.
cats are different because they are half-wild anyways. i can tell you that our feline babies were so happy to go out, lie in the grass and play outside.
besides, it is very hard to keep them inside.
i so hope that someone saw they were pretty and well taken care of and just stole them. run, guys, run and come back to me!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
As I've just told dv8 in chat, I went round some of the nearby houses under construction this morning & spoke to some workers to get the word out that if the cats are returned in the morning, there will be a reward & nothing else said or done. I didn't pick up any feeling that anyone knew anything or knew someone who might know something so I'm left wondering if these 2 cats went on a big adventure together & now either don't know how to get home or someone is minding them but doesn't know who dv8 is.

We'll keep everything crossed dv8!

Last edited by a moderator: