Looking for info on Ocean Blue in Punta Cana

gszenacm

Jun 10, 2009
Anyone stay at Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort in Punta Cana? I've read good reviews so far, but looking for more...also wondering which airports to fly into.

On that note, is there a good map of DR somewhere that shows airports and popular towns/areas. I have yet to see a map with the airports and punta cana on it.

Feb 7, 2007
This is a great hotel, very good food, very good a la cart restaurants, international drinks, good entertainment, very nice pool, nice rooms, with jacuzzi, you cannot go wrong with OB.

claufket

Jan 4, 2009
We stayed at Ocean Blue in December and were not the least bit impressed. The room was not clean, and beds were very uncomfortable. The a la carte restaurants were horrible and the buffet was average at best. Mike's coffee gets a thumbs up. They allow the peddlers to come in the resort and hound you a few nights a week as you are trying to get to one of the restaurants.

Do yourself a favor and rent a condo. There are many nice places in Bavaro and you won't feel like you are stuck at your resort and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to hang out at. You can grab some Presidente at the market and you are set to go.

dondada

Aug 20, 2008
New Orleans - Louisiana
I agree; the rooms are OK unless you have a suite. Food, drinks and service are ok/good. The guys that work at the bar on the beach will keep your cup full. I stayed here twice…third time is no charm….

Let me know if you need more info….

PS…if you decide to stay here; visit the gift shops along the beach. I have several friends that work there.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
We stayed at Ocean Blue in December and were not the least bit impressed. The room was not clean, and beds were very uncomfortable. The a la carte restaurants were horrible and the buffet was average at best. Mike's coffee gets a thumbs up. They allow the peddlers to come in the resort and hound you a few nights a week as you are trying to get to one of the restaurants.

Do yourself a favor and rent a condo. There are many nice places in Bavaro and you won't feel like you are stuck at your resort and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to hang out at. You can grab some Presidente at the market and you are set to go.

at which off resort restaurant you dined and which Condos you visited during your vacation at the AI Hotel Ocean Blue to recommend them or give advice?
thanks
Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
an other great and very accurate map is below

806_PuntaCanaMapJune_2009_update.jpg

can be found in it's full size to zoom in on
http://www.mikesmarina.info/images/806_PuntaCanaMapJune_2009_update.jpg

Mike

gszenacm

Jun 10, 2009
just confirmed my reservation

we will be there Sun Jun 28 - Wed Jul 1

We've been to several AIs in the Caribbean and are looking forward to trying this one and providing a review once we are back!

RonP

Apr 4, 2009
I just returned from the Ocean Blue. Spent 8 days 7 nights and fround everything to be excellent. This is the first place that we have stayed at where we had not one complaint. The food was great, pool, rooms, and grounds were squeeky clean. Unless you ask you will house liquors but ask for by benad and they had almost every thing we asked for.