Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for info on Ocean Blue in Punta Cana

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for info on Ocean Blue in Punta Cana

Anyone stay at Ocean Blue Golf & Beach Resort in Punta Cana? I've read good reviews so far, but looking for more...also wondering which airports to fly into.

On that note, is there a good map of DR somewhere that shows airports and popular towns/areas. I have yet to see a map with the airports and punta cana on it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great hotel, very good food, very good a la cart restaurants, international drinks, good entertainment, very nice pool, nice rooms, with jacuzzi, you cannot go wrong with OB.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Ocean Blue in December and were not the least bit impressed. The room was not clean, and beds were very uncomfortable. The a la carte restaurants were horrible and the buffet was average at best. Mike's coffee gets a thumbs up. They allow the peddlers to come in the resort and hound you a few nights a week as you are trying to get to one of the restaurants.

Do yourself a favor and rent a condo. There are many nice places in Bavaro and you won't feel like you are stuck at your resort and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to hang out at. You can grab some Presidente at the market and you are set to go.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree; the rooms are OK unless you have a suite. Food, drinks and service are ok/good. The guys that work at the bar on the beach will keep your cup full. I stayed here twice…third time is no charm….

Let me know if you need more info….

PS…if you decide to stay here; visit the gift shops along the beach. I have several friends that work there.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claufket View Post
    We stayed at Ocean Blue in December and were not the least bit impressed. The room was not clean, and beds were very uncomfortable. The a la carte restaurants were horrible and the buffet was average at best. Mike's coffee gets a thumbs up. They allow the peddlers to come in the resort and hound you a few nights a week as you are trying to get to one of the restaurants.

Do yourself a favor and rent a condo. There are many nice places in Bavaro and you won't feel like you are stuck at your resort and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to hang out at. You can grab some Presidente at the market and you are set to go.
    at which off resort restaurant you dined and which Condos you visited during your vacation at the AI Hotel Ocean Blue to recommend them or give advice?
    thanks
    Mike

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Map

original post asked for an area map here is one

http://www.worldisround.com/articles.../photo247.html

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the feedback and map

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

an other great and very accurate map is below

can be found in it's full size to zoom in on
    http://www.mikesmarina.info/images/8...009_update.jpg

Mike

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the map

Post Thanks / Like

We are headed to Ocean Blue next week-when are you going? (If you are going there)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast