gracias para la informacion en todos

garuda

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah, I know my Spanish needs a lot of work. :eek: I have been checking out this site a lot since i will be visiting the DR for the first tym very shortly. plan on spending 2 weeks. too short i know. This site has given lots of good info on the culture and psyche of the dominicans. I look forward to learning a lot. I think I am one who is open to all people.

I am a little nervous because my Spanish is quite limited and I worry people will just percieve me as another turista yanqui. Be that as it may, I must press ahead and visit a country I have never been to before. Who knows - I may really cherish the experience after it's done and keep going back to the DR. Besides the cultural and linguistic aspects which I love to tangle with, I wouldn't mind meeting Dominican women who I could get to know on a deeper level. I am a man after all. From what I have been reading, this sounds like it could be an ordeal :ermm:

BTW, is the metro running? If so, I love taking mass transit to different parts of a city and getting a feel for different neighborhoods.

i know i will be seeing the touristy side of the zona colonial. I do hope to see parts of SD where tourists don't go so much - time allowing. My plan is SD for one week then go north ending in Sosua probably unless curiousity really gets to me and I end up on the Haitian border. See, now if I actually meet someone I may stay concentrated on one area. I'm open. :glasses:

ok i need to start packing.

Last edited: