electric

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
they have started the every other day power off,from 9am to about 5pm here in Colonial Zone...been going on now for about a week...
bob

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Batteries

How long will the batteries from in inversor run your computer and frig?

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
How long will the batteries from in inversor run your computer and frig?
my computer and tv are good to go all day,but I unplug my frige after about 2 hours,as it stays good and cold for the rest of day.
bob

judyisnice

Oct 11, 2002
When I was there for my hip replacement,the place we rented there... had a backup generater so the home would be kool ,internet..TV and anything else you need for your every need.

Here at home I need a backup incase the power goes down...it starts up and keeps my basement from flooding.

I think it runs for 12 hours.

good luck Judy

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Most inverters won't have enough juice to run the frig, just the lights and fans.

I use the old hurricane method. I always keep two plastic one gallon jugs in the freezer (frozen always), If the power goes out for more than a few minutes, I put one jug down below in the frig to keep things cool, and it always lasts until the power comes back on. Then just put it back up above to refreeze. Never have lost any food to spoilage this way, and it's usually good enough for at least 24 hours if need be.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
The power has been going out a little bit more than normal here in the Zone. But still it is much better than many other parts of the country.

The fridge keeps food cold for many hours if you don't open it.

With no back up energy it does get a bit hot without a fan when the power goes out. Just sit outside and read a book. No problem.