Any Dominicans in Vancouver?

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
I live in Vancouver and I hope my wife will be joining me soon from the DR and was wondering if there are any spots here where one might find Dominican music, food, people? :classic:

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
My wife is now here with me in Vancouver and so far we have met one other Canadian/Dominican couple. Any other Dominicans in the Greater Vancouver area??? Fell free to contact us. We would like to see if there is community of more than just two.

Reactions: mike l

JGPolanco

Dec 10, 2009
Hi CanWest

My wife and i live in Kamloops (about 3 hours from Vancouver) and we visit Vancouver pretty often. We are Dominicans and have been here since feb 09. We are also in the infinite search for Dominicans. My wife wants another girl to keep chating with and i'm looking for a couple of guys to play Dominoes!!

Here in kamloops we have found so far 2 dominican girls, their husbands have lived in DR for a while so they understand the lingo and apreciate the culture, so i can say they are dominican-canadian.

Please write back as we Dominican need each other to keep the cultural ties allways alive in our stay in foreign lands.

Jose Polanco

Reactions: mike l

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Jose, Just north of you in Barriere there should be a Dominican guy soon, his Canadian wife and child are just waiting for the visa.

JGPolanco

Dec 10, 2009
Thanks Bob. I go to Barriere pretty often for work, please tell them to reach me trough this media.

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
Hello Jose.

My wife and I live in New Westminster. She arrived in October and is from Santiago. I am sure she would be happy to be in touch with other Dominicans here. We have visited with Mike and Nelfa a few times and they are close by. My wife and Nelfa chat on the phone quite often. PM me and I can give you our email address.

Cheers,

Tom.

mmercedes

Jan 26, 2010
Dominicans

Actually Julio and I live in Stanwood, an hour at most from Vancouver. He was born in Santo Domingo and travels back there frequently, there are lots of Dominicans in Marysville, they even buy all the pastelles and empanadas that i make. Even our insurance agent is Dominican, just not enough resturants and markets.

Danielamb

Aug 21, 2010
Hi All Dominicans,
I am Dominican and My husband and I live in Coquitlam we have been living here for 2 years and have only met one Dominican lady that lives between here and DR. I would love to meet some of you and find out things you may know about places to eat and maybe get to know you. All my family is in the DR, so I definetly miss seeing my people , my husband also loves Domincan food , culture and its people so feel free to contact me and maybe we can form a Dominican Group that would be great.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you

Daniela

Danielamb

Aug 21, 2010
My wife is now here with me in Vancouver and so far we have met one other Canadian/Dominican couple. Any other Dominicans in the Greater Vancouver area??? Fell free to contact us. We would like to see if there is community of more than just two.

I live in Coquitlam i am dominican and my husband is Canadian, feel free to contact me and maybe we can all meet it would be great to meet some Domincans as we dont know any.

Thanks Daniela

tobefree

May 22, 2011
Hello
I have been living here in Vancouver for about a year, and I have not met any Dominicans. If anyone knows of a Dominican group etc, please let me know. I also need a dominican hair stylist (it doesn't matter if she does the hair at home). My current hair stylist is killing me, lol. I am half haitian and half Dominican. Please reach out!

kris.m29

Jul 23, 2013
Saludos a todos los Dominicanos en Vancouver!

Me llamo Kristina! Mucho Gusto!
Me sorprende lo poco Dominicanos que nos encontramos aqu?! He conocido algunos que vienen desde Santo Domingo a aprender Ingl?s y terminan trabajando y sacando residencia (o intentando) con su trabajo. Soy Dominicana/Canadiense y tengo ya 3 anios casi vivendo aqui. Me hace falta mi pa?s, mi gente mi cultura, es bien dificil encontrar personas que son de RD. Pienso que seria buena idea organizar alguna juntadera para conocernos mientras el verano nos visita! Si estan interesados plis dejenme saber por aqui, or me pueden enviar un mesaje privado. Tengo a mis dos hermanas y mi sobrinito que vinieron desde Santo Domingo conmigo y estoy segura que le encantaria conocer a otros Dominic

Last edited by a moderator:

kris.m29

Jul 23, 2013
Hi! I would love to meet you! I posted a thread recently and you can find my contact details there! If you are still living here of course lol.

cpolanco

Oct 21, 2013
Hi! We are just waiting on my husbands VISA. I am really concerned about his transition into Canadian life, and have been searching for a Dominican community around here, if there is one. :) I will need much info regarding, barbers, food, restaurants, dominoes, ect.. Especially Dominoes!! He loves it! Lol... He also said no one but a Dominican can touch his hair! Lol... So need to find a barber asap! :)

CCC_13

Sep 6, 2017
My wife is now here with me in
Vancouver and so far we have met one other Canadian/Dominican couple. Any other Dominicans in the Greater Vancouver area??? Fell free to contact us. We would like to see if there is community of more than just two.[/QUOTE] 

Hi there!... I saw this a few years later but I hope you guys are still around. I'm Dominican, living in Downtown Vancouver. I haven't really met any Dominicans here in almost 2 years. If you get this message, please reply! :)

SaraRicky

Nov 1, 2017
 Hi, your post really stood out to me as my husband's been here almost 2 years and I feel like I'm in the same boat as you are. If you guys are interested in meeting another Dominican Canadian couple we would love to chat as my husband is really missing his Dominican life and I think some Dominican friends would help.  You can call or text me if you like at 778-997-5659.
Sara

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Hello, Im Dominican living in Dominican Rep. have been a lot times visitting for vacation Canada and is one of my favorites countries to visit, I want to visit Vancouver, If I go will let you know. So far I have been in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City. I have a friend living there but he travel a lot because his work and is very dificult to catch him in Vancouver, I could say that he has a place there but he doesnt live there.