registering a web site business for taxes?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I have a web site. It is registered in USA and I pay taxes on the monies I receive in dollars in USA. I am trying to get some advertisers here in Dominican Republic now. Should I register my business and pay taxes on the pesos I hope to make? I have no employees and make very little money from this so not really sure what to do. The business really has no name, it is just under my name.

Do I need to make this an official business and if so what exactly do I need to do?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Most local advertisers will only take invoices with a RNC # (Tax ID) and a RNC #. To get a RNC # you need to create and register a company here.

Being 100% legal here can be a pain, but if your serious, you have no choice :)

You need to way up the cost of being legal, against your possible ad revenues.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Thanks Rob for the info.

Someone told me that if you are not registered to pay taxes then if a company does want to advertise they can take the taxes out of the cost and they would pay them for me. Is this true?

Could I get in trouble for not registering and paying taxes especially now that I am having a meeting with tourism people for the new Santo Domingo project?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thanks Rob for the info.

Someone told me that if you are not registered to pay taxes then if a company does want to advertise they can take the taxes out of the cost and they would pay them for me. Is this true?

Could I get in trouble for not registering and paying taxes especially now that I am having a meeting with tourism people for the new Santo Domingo project?

That is true, but your name will still be on file at the tax office, as they need to know your full details in order to do this.

Many clients we deal with will ONLY accept a local invoice with an RNC and NCF #.
They are not interetsted in deducting people's taxes etc. Especially if your selling ad space that incurs 16% ITBIS.

I have no idea if Turismo will work with you if your local and not legal.
I guess you're going to find out very soon :)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Jan,
how's it going?
to get a tourism permit from the tourism secretary as far as my knowledge you need to be a dominican company, means registered here in the country.
and Robert is right on the tax exemption behaviors,
i would myself for an AD not pay the full market value of that AD when i finally can not use the tax part out of it to reduce my own monthly tax payments. you would need to count that in your AD rates, compared to other sites/competitors who show the ITBIS transparent in their invoices, as a 'discount' so it would be still worth for them to advertise with you.
it depends on what amount of monthly income you count on.
running your little business also as a dominican company will bring additional costs.
aside of the taxes to pay here you may need a 'contable'/tax-lawyer who runs that for you aso aso.
good luck
Mike