Public Basketball Courts in Sosua/Puerta Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblack06

May 21, 2009
I was wondering if there were any public courts in the area. I would love to get a pick up game with locals or other game tourists...anyone have any insight on this?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I was wondering if there were any public courts in the area. I would love to get a pick up game with locals or other game tourists...anyone have any insight on this?

two miles from Sosua to PP. On right side. Just after gas station. Are you tourist or live here?

mblack06

May 21, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I will be a tourist starting this Friday. What street would that be on?

ghost722

Jan 14, 2009
There is also a basketball court a short distance after leaving the beach. (the entrance to Charamicos) It's about a minute walk after walking up the steps.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
There is also a basketball court a short distance after leaving the beach. (the entrance to Charamicos) It's about a minute walk after walking up the steps.

poor quality. very dirty. bad surface. no nets. lots of water and wet slippery after rain. not recommended.

ghost722

Jan 14, 2009
Whoops. I just saw those courts when I was taking a stroll, but didn't actually take a good look at them.

ineedmorepesos

Mar 4, 2009
poor quality. very dirty. bad surface. no nets. lots of water and wet slippery after rain. not recommended.

Does anyone know who is in charge of these courts? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get people to donate to fix it up?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Does anyone know who is in charge of these courts? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get people to donate to fix it up?

The big one (it is gym, not court) - cindico.

Another one in Los Charomicos - I think the school as it is next to school.

There is another one that can be good - right across the street in front of Casa Marina on the premises of Luperon School next to softball field. But both rims are broken for four years by now by idiots who love to hang on them.

Right in front of el Batey and alot of us can play there as it is in easy walk from anywhere in Sosua, unlike two miles along the caretera.

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
New Updates?

Anybody know if any of this information has changed? Just checking because I will be arriving tomorrow and wanted a quick update or utilize what is above. Thanks!

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Anybody know if any of this information has changed? Just checking because I will be arriving tomorrow and wanted a quick update or utilize what is above. Thanks!

Be 2morrow at Centro (Palacio) Deportivo. Between Soosua and airport. People will be waiting for you. Balls. Nets.

Sunday.

7.00-10.00 AM. Be there.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Be 2morrow at Centro (Palacio) Deportivo. Between Soosua and airport. People will be waiting for you. Balls. Nets.

Sunday.

7.00-10.00 AM. Be there.

If you missed 2day - Tuesday. 3pm-6 pm. Same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.