Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rockero

Default Exchange rate question

Am new here heard before I think in early 2001 it was like 50 to the dollar and I think before like 26,,Seems stable in DR near 34 to 36 more or less..AM I Right on that??

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about right to me.

During Hippolito's time, the rate fluctuated much more erratically, up to 55 pesos to a dollar, at one point.

It's been fairly stable for approximately 6-8 years now.

There has been a slow but steady increase in the relative value of the dollar and the euro, during the past year or so, but no more than 2-3 pesos.

The central bank does a pretty good job of helping to maintain a stable rate of exchange, in my opinion.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Rockero,
    here on this thread we usually do not discuss, it is just to announce the daily actual exchange rates for the US$ compared to the dominican peso.
    to discuss about currencies and such you have to open a new thread, best on the "economy section" of the bord.
    Mike

rockero

OK Thanks I did not know on that but either way it seems the peso stays near 35 all the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    hi Rockero,
    here on this thread we usually do not discuss, it is just to announce the daily actual exchange rates for the US$ compared to the dominican peso.
    to discuss about currencies and such you have to open a new thread, best on the "economy section" of the bord.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Moved to new thread.

rockero

Ok this sounds fun,,Lets keep it going this way,,Hopefully though the peso still stays stable for awhile here compared the way the dollar is falling everywhere else,,Gee Hope I* can come to Dr with the Euro or Pound for sure...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Chiri is quicker in moving the stuff than someone could recommend to do so, ha ha.
    thanks.

yes Rockero,
    the exchange rate between the US$ and the Dominican Peso moved very little upwards in a long time period now, you can count that as very stable.
    of course there is 'artificial' stability from the gubmin side involved, but in a needed way IMO.
    if compared to other currencies there are up's and down's.
    take the Euro,
    been and still is very strong over the US$ and for that also raised a lot in it's exchange rate to the dominican currency.
    Mike

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed today that after a steady inching upwards towards 36 the dollar exchange posted at BanReservas today is back to 35. Good news for Dominicans. Bad news for the gringos.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

the peso is always stable until you put your life savings in a dominican bank and then for some reason it always drops in value against the dollar...............it's like the banks are waiting to reel in enough suckers for the high % return and then when their pot is full they will pull out the rug...........

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mountainannie View Post
    I noticed today that after a steady inching upwards towards 36 the dollar exchange posted at BanReservas today is back to 35. Good news for Dominicans. Bad news for the gringos.
    was 35.85 at exchange house,Franks,on el conde,SD this am...
    bob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast