Sale of a Vehicle

cork

Aug 23, 2003
If I want to sell my car, what are my obligations in order to transfer title? Do I have to use an attorney? What are the obligations of the buyer in order to get the title in their name.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
You must have an attorney in order to write the contrat of purchase and sale, and have the title register in the new owner?s name, the buyer obligatios are to pay for all taxes and legal fees. This is what I had to do when I sold my last car here.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
You don't want to hand over the vehicle only once second before the buyer has registered the vehicle in his name (or anybody else's but yours)!
When the proper procedures are all followed, such a transaction can be completed within 2 business days, ending with a new matricula issued to the buyer or whom he elects to be put on it.

If you don't follow this advice, you may find yourself trying to hunt down the buyer and his subsequent buyers for years, trying to free yourself from any liability and or face others hunting you down for accidents and other actions involving "your" vehicle.

Don't take advice from ANYBODY suggesting "short cuts" and other local "smart" ideas on how to safe 5 minutes or 100 Pesos.

... J-D.

OU812

Jun 15, 2009
If I want to sell my car, what are my obligations in order to transfer title? Do I have to use an attorney? What are the obligations of the buyer in order to get the title in their name.

I agree with J.D!!! My brother in-law got burned!!! he had his new-used car for about 1 Month...Out of nowhere, the cops came to his house and claimed that the car was stolen!!! he was out all of the money that he paid since the car had to be returned to its rightful owner. The person who sold him the car, removed the ID from it, created another ID/VIN and of course it was not his real name either..DO NOT TRUST ANYONE!!

What kind of car are you selling and how much? Please P.M me

Thank You,

Noel

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I agree with J.D!!! My brother in-law got burned!!! he had his new-used car for about 1 Month...Out of nowhere, the cops came to his house and claimed that the car was stolen!!! he was out all of the money that he paid since the car had to be returned to its rightful owner. The person who sold him the car, removed the ID from it, created another ID/VIN and of course it was not his real name either..DO NOT TRUST ANYONE!!

What kind of car are you selling and how much? Please P.M me

Thank You,

Noel

AND, may I add that you want your money ALL upfront once the contract is signed and the process is at the point where the buyer only has to apply for the new martricula (insurance etc.)! Still, NO vehicle hand over until he/she wails in with the new matricula in anybody else's name but yours! NO, signing it over on the back to the new owner is NOT enough!

... J-D.