Santo Domingo - El Emajador - moving to???

Rose-nc

Jun 20, 2009
I hope you can help me. I will be moving to Santo Domingo in July. I have been told that the El Embajador has apartments. I will be living with 3 other people so we wanted a 4 bedroom apartment. The El Embajador looks like a hotel. Does it have a second building for apartments? Thank you so much if you have any information on this!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not exactly - there are some apartment blocks called Jardines del Embajador next to the hotel but they are not connected as far as I know. Not a bad place to live, generally.

Rose-nc

Jun 20, 2009
Thanks you so much! I will try to look Jardines del Embajador up.
I appreciate your fast feed back!

Rose-nc

Jun 20, 2009
I would be moving for work. I may have a job teaching English. We'll see but I am trying to find out my options and since someone recommended El Embajador, I wanted to check it out. I wonder if there is a web site for Jardines del Embajador?? I couldn't find one. Thanks all!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The residential complex is highly unlikely to have a website. You can find out about rental possibilities via DR property websites or contacting a local real estate agent, but the best way to to arrive a couple of weeks in advance and have a look around for SE ALQUILA signs.

I wouldn't restrict my search to Jardines del Embajador - the entire surrounding area (Bella Vista, Mirador Sur etc) is a good place to live, especially if it's near your workplace. Apart from the gleaming new high-rise apartment blocks, rentals in older buildings like Jardines del Embajador are in the middle/upper price range.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The actual condo complex is not really part of the overall Hotel, but close to the property aimed at long term rentals.

14374991.jpg

This is a picture taken from the parking lot of the complex.

5998531.jpg

This picture is taken from Bella Vista towards the back of the complex, which you can see in the background.

Rose-nc

Jun 20, 2009
Pichardo, thank you so much for the pictures! They are great!

Chirimoya: Thank you, too, for your information. This definitely gives me a starting place of where to look.

Thank you both so very much!