The Great Chefs Of Sosua !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am very excited about all of the fresh herbs and necessary ingredients to make exoctic foods at home.

Tonight I am making home made Gyros....tomorrow I will buy a leg of lamb and ....

You can make Coconut Shrimp at home ...one of my favorites !

Conch chowder is also posssible in Sosua !

My point here is " with all the Playero has to offer' , why do we not see any creativitey in the restaurants?

"Anticipation" is something we need on our Fries not our service !

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
..........My point here is " with all the Playero has to offer' , why do we not see any creativitey in the restaurants?

"Anticipation" is something we need on our Fries not our service !

Not a common commodity here. :tired:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Lamb is available.

Sirena in POP has whole LAMB legs... next to or mixed along with chivo legs, at times.
Nacional in Santiago has them too and at times offers boneless lamb legs too.
Prices vary from 129.99/Lbs to 189.99/Lbs for the whole leg (with bone) and around 229.99/LBs for the boneless. Both are imports... the boneless looks like the one offered at BJ's and Costco in the US.
Nacional and occasionally Sirena also offer frozen imported lamb chops... but it's expensive.

Btw: Cordero would be the Spanish word used in Spain and much of South America for meat lamb (Ovijea being the female). Most Dominicans do not use or know the word Cordero and call it Ovejo instead. The imported packages available at Nacional and Sirena are however labeled "Cordero".

... J-D.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Thanks everyone.

My Gyro machine will be up and running before you can say " Pita "