What rights for baby of Dominican Mother and Father is American citizen?

web

Nov 5, 2005
What rights does a Dominican mother of an 8 month old child have if the father is an American citizen. Apparently the guy is married got the girl pregnant and left to go back to the states. She should be able to apply for some type of support in the States? I guess she will need to prove he is the father.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
What rights does a Dominican mother of an 8 month old child have if the father is an American citizen. Apparently the guy is married got the girl pregnant and left to go back to the states. She should be able to apply for some type of support in the States? I guess she will need to prove he is the father.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no legal recourse for something like this. Morally the guy should stand up and help the child, to be sure. But legally it gets very dicey.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Saw a case a bit like this where the woman had a load of I.D. and documents from the guy. He was in the US military at the time so not hard to track down.
I beleive she has some rights and expects to have some money awarded.
I shall let you know what happened.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

of course the first thing is that she has to proof that he is the father.
Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that DNA stuff can be done reliable down here, yes.
there are even laws/rules which can take a married american father resonsible for his out of marriage pleasure results even that he left/fleed the country, i just wished they would be more enforced so the bigshots need to show balls.
Mike