Entry without passport?

P

prtyr

Well, since it is Mother's day weekend and my 82 year old Mother has never traveled outside the US. I have bought Mom a ticket to the DR and will show her around the Island. She has always commented on how beautiful it looks in the pictures I've taken, plus she would love to meet my girlfriend.

Now the problem. Since she has never left the states, she doesn't have a passport. Doesn't have a birth certificate either, and at her age it would be hard to get;-) She does have a baptisimal certificate and of course photo ID. She'll also be traveling with myself who has the same last name, valid passport that has over a dozen stamps from the DR in it.

Does anybody think we'll have a problem? I do have a friend that works for the Dominican consulate in NY, that could probably help out as well.

Thanks in advance for any info!

E

ECH, M.D.

The problem is usually not getting OUT of the USA....it is getting back IN. You MUST be able to prove your citizenship to the satisfaction of the INS. Helpful items are Voter Registration card (only citizens can vote) and Social Security Card (only legal residents have SS cards). I would be more concerned about contacting the US/INS and find out their requirements. Hope you have a nice trip.

J

Jim Hinsch

The biggest problem isn't getting in to the USA OR the DR. The biggest problem is satisfying the airline's requirements. Unless you satisfy them, you won't be boarding, so check with your airline on what they will accept. Then worry about what the DR and USA will require.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

P

prtyr

Thanks for all the info! I'll give a buzz to TWA. I'm sure mom has a ss card as well as license and probably voter ID.