Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
does somebody have actual/accurate numbers about how many paying customers the Metro has on daily bases?
do they cover their costs like promised
and even run a good winning % in the pockets?
Mike

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Does anybody know if they brought in engineers from other countries with experience in this area to manage everyday operations, etc?

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
curious

does somebody have actual/accurate numbers about how many paying customers the Metro has on daily bases?
do they cover their costs like promised
and even run a good winning % in the pockets?
Mike

where is PICHARDO? he has stats like no other! I am curious to know too if this is cost effective!
i think it's a nice project, clean and efficient....for the time being :)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004

M?s de 5 millones han usado el Metro en 90 d?as
That comes up to about 55,000 per day.

As for the cost of operations, as afforded to the press by OPRET, a yearly 25 million dollar figure is the estimated balance.

The SD Metro is expected to become self sufficient once a projected ridership is reached. That could take as short as a few months or as long as two years.
Hence the need for the gov to provide a subsidy in the initial operational phases.

The Metro once operational is expected to have a daily ridership of 200,000. If we peg this to the 20 or 25 pesos cost of the trips, it translates in between 1.4 and 1.5 billion pesos yearly correspondingly to each associated rate. If we translate the 25 million US of the estimated cost to run the Metro into Pesos, we obtain a figure of about 900 million pesos...

Pichardo's post estimated 200,000 passengers per day. There's a way to go hit that. Profitability... 55,000/day x 20 pesos x 365 / 35 = US$11.5 million per year. Far short it would appear of the operational costs Pichardo spoke of.

Last edited:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey hey,
those 5 millions in 90 days been in theory a good quarter of what is needed,
BUT!!!!:
thgose 5 millions are not all paying customers,
there are subsidies to be paid for some,
so i guess from the amount of incoming money they may run on max 15% of what been expected/prognosed/promised/is needed to not run bancupcy for the whole country due to just one Metro within a few years.

on the other hand,
they may just cut back on other sectors like the no longer needed streetrepairs or on the education budget and voila the needed money to maintain a 'privately financed' but by gubmin subsidied Metro alive is available.

WHERE ARE THE REAL FINANCIAL NUMBERS?????
cheers
Mike