new laptop

lucky1

Mar 20, 2009
i have decided that it probably be cost wise to buy my daughter a new laptop rather than send her repaired one via fedex and deal with the ????? at customs my question is where in puerto plata can she find laptops? is there like a mega store or plaza lima etc in there area?

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
My suggestion is to have a friend coming down from the states bring one. There are some pretty good buys at for example Wallmart.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
i have decided that it probably be cost wise to buy my daughter a new laptop rather than send her repaired one via fedex and deal with the ????? at customs my question is where in puerto plata can she find laptops? is there like a mega store or plaza lima etc in there area?
on
Order one from the US. Minimum duty 16% plus shipping. Better selection and prices. If you order from Tiger Direct, as a rule you get it in a week. (Providing you use EPS or similar service) I bought 4 in the last 2 months. No hassle. I also heard that Marc "Rocky" was in the business. Might want to try him first.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I recently saw brand new Toshiba and HP notebooks complete with US warranty in the computer store in Colonial Plaza behind the Orange store in Sosua.

His prices were only $50-$75 higher than ordering online, and you don't have to worry about tax or shipping!

lucky1

Mar 20, 2009
laptop

on
Order one from the US. Minimum duty 16% plus shipping. Better selection and prices. If you order from Tiger Direct, as a rule you get it in a week. (Providing you use EPS or similar service) I bought 4 in the last 2 months. No hassle. I also heard that Marc "Rocky" was in the business. Might want to try him first.

could you give me his contact info or have him pm me thanks

lucky1

Mar 20, 2009
can you give me more info so i can forward it to her the name of the place and address possible phone# thanks