Abreu - Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
I have heard that Cabarete and the Abreu area is like the Hamptons of the DR. But can someone tell what is the nightlife like there in those to towns/cities. Where are the clubs, I do understand that Sousa is much more active. But for me it will also be a trip I do not wish to make on a continuous basis. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:nervous:

Jan 17, 2009
Nightlife in Cabarete. You'll have over an hour drive from Cabrera. Worth the trip but you'd better spend the night in a local hotel in Cabarete.

momita

May 17, 2006
Sosua is too posh,to busy and too plastic,missing dominican style.
Cabarete has the best night life in my opinion.

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Hampton, far from that, but it's a beautiful area

That is true, far from being the Hampton. There is a lady that owns the most expensive house in the caribean, remember, not biggest house, but the most expensive one. I know the builder he is a canadian. The material and her tast are expensive. Her workers keeps the Beach "Caleton of Cabrera" very clean.
In Cabrera and surronding area there are many beaches (about 7), a waterfall that you can swim in, about 40ft high (approx.), I have pics if anyone is interested. Also a couple of lagoon. I have a house there and been going there for like 19yrs. It's a small town and the surrounding town are the same. Really nice motor bike trail to go up and tour for the day. Beautiful views of the ocean when going up the hills and farm area.

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
That is true, far from being the Hampton. There is a lady that owns the most expensive house in the caribean, remember, not biggest house, but the most expensive one. I know the builder he is a canadian. The material and her tast are expensive. Her workers keeps the Beach "Caleton of Cabrera" very clean.
In Cabrera and surronding area there are many beaches (about 7), a waterfall that you can swim in, about 40ft high (approx.), I have pics if anyone is interested. Also a couple of lagoon. I have a house there and been going there for like 19yrs. It's a small town and the surrounding town are the same. Really nice motor bike trail to go up and tour for the day. Beautiful views of the ocean when going up the hills and farm area.

Thank you for your info. I will be there for sometime and just wanted to know what is the nightlife like. I am not expecting much. But, I am expecting something. I do not wish to go to Sousa or Cabarete every evening. Do they have outside cafe's or is there some bar's in the area where a person can get a good cold beer. And I am interested in your pic's if you wish to share them. Thank you!:classic::classic::classic:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cabrera

Yes Plenty of nice places to have an peaceful beer. On the beach - in the town - anywhere you want.

As everyone always says on this site..... go and take a look - decide for yourself.

Virtually NO tourists in Cabrera.. people own houses and have a nice expat community. One hotel of about 30 rooms - La Catalina.... try it. If you don't like it - you won't like Cabrera.

All the best

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
Yes Plenty of nice places to have an peaceful beer. On the beach - in the town - anywhere you want.

As everyone always says on this site..... go and take a look - decide for yourself.

Virtually NO tourists in Cabrera.. people own houses and have a nice expat community. One hotel of about 30 rooms - La Catalina.... try it. If you don't like it - you won't like Cabrera.

All the best
Thanks for the info! I will definitely check it out!;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Caliente Resort

Can you recommend anything in the area. Any info would be helpful!

There is a clothing optional resort out in that neck of the woods, I suppose you would need to bring sand to the beach.

:bunny:

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Osanhopps, I sent you a private message and by the way

In Cabrera there is a few good bars, one in front of the park and around the block on the other side, there is another, usually friday and saturday and sunday(at 5pm on this day) are good to hang out and meet a lot of people. There are supermarket to buy stuff and some good restaurants, nothing fancy, (Churipang, close to the park) and (Me tierra) on the main highway. Just be careful some people want to be your friend just to get free drinks, so choose wisly.
I know a few local people that you could hang out with if you want, just send me an email. Also Catalina is nice place for breakfast, very well priced for what you get, The homemade peanut butter and marmelad is awsome. You also get a really good view. You can go to Nagua for the day, it's got a lot of shops and small typical restaurants (chicken, rice and beans). Have fun and keep in touch.

osanhopps

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks!

In Cabrera there is a few good bars, one in front of the park and around the block on the other side, there is another, usually friday and saturday and sunday(at 5pm on this day) are good to hang out and meet a lot of people. There are supermarket to buy stuff and some good restaurants, nothing fancy, (Churipang, close to the park) and (Me tierra) on the main highway. Just be careful some people want to be your friend just to get free drinks, so choose wisly.
I know a few local people that you could hang out with if you want, just send me an email. Also Catalina is nice place for breakfast, very well priced for what you get, The homemade peanut butter and marmelad is awsome. You also get a really good view. You can go to Nagua for the day, it's got a lot of shops and small typical restaurants (chicken, rice and beans). Have fun and keep in touch.
Thank you! You gave me plenty of info. This is exactly what I was looking for. And when I do know my exact departure date, I will send you an email. We will not know that until the middle of July! It keeps changing. But I will be in the Northern DR for a while. Once again thanks!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
That is true, far from being the Hampton. There is a lady that owns the most expensive house in the caribean, remember, not biggest house, but the most expensive one. I know the builder he is a canadian. The material and her tast are expensive...

The house is magnificent, to be sure, but it is hardly the most expensive in the Caribbean. There are houses in the Caribbean costing several times more than this one. If she built this house on a different island it might be the most expensive...but even then I kind of doubt it.

Rumors in the local area peg it at $15 million USD. Her taste is quite good, tho, so the house flows very nicely. And Donald, the builder, is the best on the coast in my opinion so it is built very well.

drroyal2000

Aug 22, 2004
Yeah Donald is really good

Yeah he is the one who told me he saw a magazine (wich I don't remember wich one) which said that her house was the most expensive one in the carribean. I guess you would have to ask him, which magazine.
For sure Donald has a good heart and very very trustworthy with peoples money. He is on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for, quality and peace of mind, knowing your house will be done correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.