?legal? DirectVision card

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I didn?t think this would fit in with any of the existing threads so here goes.
Anybody know any way to get a subscribed for Direct Vision card here? In response to my email Direct Vision said they would only deal with people resident in the US. I do not need any hardware or dishes as I already have those for reception prior to Nagravision3.

Feb 7, 2007
what is Direct Vision ? I don't know any satellite provider by that name. Do you mean DirecTV or Dish by chance?

You can get a legal Dish system by buying Dish NOW system on Ebay or via Dish authorized reseller (DN301 receiver) - costs about US$ 50 + S&H. You can have that shipped to a Miami address of one of many cargo forwarders.

Then you buy a Dish NOW PIN (US$40) via many stores on line or even on Amazon (search for Dish NOW PIN) and activate the system via the phone, you can even call from 809 number. Use your Miami address for activation. You can select from many packages, quite a good package goes for a dollar-a-day so you will get 30-40 days on your $40 PIN. No Networks though. You can keep buying PINs every month and recharge your account when it is about to expire. Good thing is, if you are away you don't have to recharge - and you don't pay for service.

One more thing - you CANNOT use your existing FTA equipment with Dish subscription (Viewsat, Pansat, Coolsat, CNX, Sonicview, CaptiveWorks, nfusion, etc.) you have to use an authorized Dish receiver for Dish subscription.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Quick question

Does that mean I can't by a six foot dish in the DR and bring down my Dish Network boxes?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks Rubio, what a palava to get up and going. We've decided to wait until N3 is broken and we can use our existing equipment again and in the meantime install SKY and i-setanta (for the rugby).

Feb 7, 2007
You can get Claro TV, it has pretty much most of the channels you will find on SKY and is much cheaper. For the price you would pay for SKY you can get DISH prepaid program and have US stations. What equipment do you have?

M0823MIKE

May 19, 2006
Even nFusion is shaking their customer's confidence at this time.

Why do you say that? I am interested because I am thinking about buying either nfusion or sv+ dongle and giving up on my 3 viewsats currently repointed to 61w (which has posted 2 ecm in 5 days!

nuttypro69

Jul 5, 2009
Nfusion

I am going to Santiago Dom Rep ON THE 18 OF JULY I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IS I CAN TAKE MY STB BOX WITH ME AND WERE I CAN BUY A SAT DISH IN SANTIAGO.