Kind of drinks has a status simbol?

jmiranda31

Jun 25, 2009
When going at nightclubs specially at Santo Domingo It is important what kind of drinks do I request? Beer or upscale brands like Johnny walker,Buy a bottle or single drinks?. What is the perception the regular dominicans get of the person based of what you drink. Status simbol?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
When going at nightclubs specially at Santo Domingo It is important what kind of drinks do I request? Beer or upscale brands like Johnny walker,Buy a bottle or single drinks?. What is the perception the regular dominicans get of the person based of what you drink. Status simbol?

Save your dinero...drink a presidente otherwise you will be a TARGET !

Drink what you want and never think about what other people think about you.

Think about what you can do for others!

And Thats The Way It Is.

W.C.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2008
I agree with Mike.

Be yourself, otherwise whatever you do will be transparent, and you will be a target.

There is nothing more obvious than someone trying to fit in when they clearly do not. On the other hand, I think most people are very accepting of others who present themselves exactly as they are. As long as they are polite and respectful, they will be treated in much the same way.

That being said, I also agree with jr. Keeping abreast of the latest trends in designer water can be tricky at best, and a real minefield for an inexperienced H2O sipper. It is always best to stay current in that regard.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Clubs in Santo Domingo are like those anywhere else. If you're not trying to draw attention to yourself, order whatever you like. If you are trying to draw attention to yourself, order a bottle, the spoiled brats of the rich love their Grey Goose, Moet, Black Label (not red), Cavali, etc. They come with sparklers and everything. The only advantage of buying a bottle is it sometimes works out to being cheaper than individual drinks, and you don't have to wait to be served every time you get a drink, and can secure a table.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Dear, dear, dear JR Hartley, where do you buy Ovaltine in our blessed Republic? Luckily I brought some back with me on my last visit to what used to be Great Britain.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
have you tried these

anything.jpg

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
The answer is yes, drinks here in discos have status symbol, if you are asking this is because you are sentitive to be labeled as cheap and social conscious or maybe a realist (not like those which goes to discos and order Brugal Blanco). Preferred drinks to show off here are Grey Goose, Moet, Dom Perignon, JB Gold or Green Label and maybe black (the best one for me), never the Red. Don't you dare to order a bottle of Brugal in a disco, if you need the urge to drink Brugal better order drinks, not the bottle as you would be the laughing stock of the club.

Drink whatever you like, Be your own man. That being said you are probably better off buying the bottle as opposed to buying drinks if you are a big drinker. You will save money by buying the bottle.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Blue Label and coke. Shows that you have money, but don't really care about what you're getting - just so long as its expensive.

Mar 2, 2008
LOL

Nope, tequila.

While I appreciate the well placed humor, I more appreciate a well-crafted reposado or anejo, with or without the Moxie.