Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kind of drinks has a status simbol?

When going at nightclubs specially at Santo Domingo It is important what kind of drinks do I request? Beer or upscale brands like Johnny walker,Buy a bottle or single drinks?. What is the perception the regular dominicans get of the person based of what you drink. Status simbol?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmiranda31 View Post
    When going at nightclubs specially at Santo Domingo It is important what kind of drinks do I request? Beer or upscale brands like Johnny walker,Buy a bottle or single drinks?. What is the perception the regular dominicans get of the person based of what you drink. Status simbol?
    Save your dinero...drink a presidente otherwise you will be a TARGET !

Drink what you want and never think about what other people think about you.

Think about what you can do for others!

And Thats The Way It Is.

W.C.
    Last edited by mike l; 06-25-2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Walter would not want an SP

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

water is very trendy ...but what brand ,its a mine-field for the style conscious

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Only drink Johnnie Walker Blue and be sure to buy the house a round of same.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Mike.

Be yourself, otherwise whatever you do will be transparent, and you will be a target.

There is nothing more obvious than someone trying to fit in when they clearly do not. On the other hand, I think most people are very accepting of others who present themselves exactly as they are. As long as they are polite and respectful, they will be treated in much the same way.

That being said, I also agree with jr. Keeping abreast of the latest trends in designer water can be tricky at best, and a real minefield for an inexperienced H2O sipper. It is always best to stay current in that regard.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Clubs in Santo Domingo are like those anywhere else. If you're not trying to draw attention to yourself, order whatever you like. If you are trying to draw attention to yourself, order a bottle, the spoiled brats of the rich love their Grey Goose, Moet, Black Label (not red), Cavali, etc. They come with sparklers and everything. The only advantage of buying a bottle is it sometimes works out to being cheaper than individual drinks, and you don't have to wait to be served every time you get a drink, and can secure a table.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Im a trend setter not a trend follower- order a mug of ovaltine

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear, dear, dear JR Hartley, where do you buy Ovaltine in our blessed Republic? Luckily I brought some back with me on my last visit to what used to be Great Britain.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

jr, do they have Ovaltine at Rocky's?

Is that what it will take to get you there?

Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Horlicks????

matilda

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast