Fiance Visas/Minor Children

glamaddict

Jun 26, 2009
I am applying for a fiancee visa for my hubby to be. I am American and my fiancee is Dominican. He has a child from a previous relationship. The mother wants the child to come to the USA with us however, I want to make things official and put things in writing to avoid any drama.

How do we prove she has given the father permission to take his child to USA?

Do we need this proof before putting the child's info on the visa application?

If for some reason the mother changes her mind, what rights as far as visitation or shared custody does the father have?

His name is on the child's Birth certificate and he has been financially responsible for the child his whole life though he lives primarily with the mother.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I am applying for a fiancee visa for my hubby to be. I am American and my fiancee is Dominican. He has a child from a previous relationship. The mother wants the child to come to the USA with us however, I want to make things official and put things in writing to avoid any drama.

If for some reason the mother changes her mind, what rights as far as visitation or shared custody does the father have?

His name is on the child's Birth certificate and he has been financially responsible for the child his whole life though he lives primarily with the mother.

that means he has the receipts for his payments/expenses.
search this forum sectio with the search box on top of this page,
this info been discussed often and you will find it all.
what you will sorrily find as a main point is that it will not be a quick request and a fast given visa, if ever given anyways.
it is a very long process.
best would be to request the needed paper work from the US embassy to have the actual reqsted stuff together.
good luck
Mike

bill p

Aug 18, 2003

no you dont need to get proof first, that the mother says that he or her can come to the us. thier name does have to be on the petition before you apply for the visa. i am doing that now, have my interview wed. it is not that long of a process, and when the visa is oked they say it is less than 6 months now. not sure why this mike fisher says what he did.follow what the consular says to do and things should go very fast and smooth