Re: What is the best way to get to Port-au-Prince?

J

jose

You can use either of these three options:

a) Using Caribe Tours Buses
b) Using Terra Bus service
c) Using Caribair at Herrera domestic airport

All three options have daily trips to Port-au-prince

The best way is by air, it just take 45 minutes and cost about US$100.00, if you buy the return flight flight at the same time you may get some savings.

The trip by road takes about 5 hours

T

Teresa

But O.K. it's your own business what you wan't to look for in Haiti,stay where you are,nobody has any-thing to visit in Haiti unless you're from that country.Suerte

P

pascal

This is typically the behavior dominicans have towards Haiti. There's nothing wrong in my opinion for someone wanting to visit Haiti. If it is not worth the trip let people find out themselves and please do not decide for everyone what's worth doing.

T

Teresa

I've been to Haiti and believe me,It's really dangerous!!. There is lot's of political onrest and violence in the streets,tourist's have no business there.There is no control in this country.

P

pascal

I am not arguing about the situation in the country and appreciate the hazards if you don't know your way which doesn't seem to be your case. I am suggesting Haiti is like anywhere else with places that are safer than others just like in american or european cities.
This seems to be a non issue anyway as the Haiti/D.R. border is closed since yesterday at Haiti president request.

T

Teresa

Haiti is NOT like any-where else,the situation is worse than many African countries. For example Cap-Haitian supposed to be a City with more then 100.000 inh. ,It ain't a city just a lot of people who have NOTHING!! and there you are walking as only White tourist with no police on the streets""no streets just dirt roads" o "no houses just buildings that have been shot and caved in". When you go into a country and you see the U.N. and Red-Cross proyects you know your in the wrong place. The first time I went I thougt it was similar to the D.R. because it's one island believe me it isn't. I've seen people dying in the streets and left there,I agree if you wan't to go Go. I only hoped to give some wellmend advice.