Infiniti service North Coast

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
My wife bought a used Infiniti fx35. Does anyone have any good recommendations for Infiniti service on the North Coast? We live in Sosua.
-D

TheHun

May 4, 2008
It's actually shares the platform with the G35 and with the Nissan X350.
They are available in rear or 4 wheel drive and V-6 or V-8.
Luckily they don't have the CVT tranny, which is prone to fail.
Tight construction, not an easy access for repair, but I have seen worst.
Infinity is the luxury brand of Nissan, just like Toyota-Lexus or Honda-Acura.
I remember on the G35 and the FX35 the brakes where under powered. They where eating up pads and rotors.We use to update the pads with the ceramic once. If I remember correctly they re-design it in '05. They are dependable cars when you keep up with the manufacturer's suggested maintenance, use only GOOD QUALITY synthetic oil, replace it every 5K miles. They suggest 5W30, but since the climate pretty hot here, I'd use 10W30. Also, get the original Nissan oil filter (which made by Full, They are the OE supplier for most Japanese cars.) People don't realize they killing their engines by using cheap crap made in china, taiwan oil filters which barely has any filtering material in them.
What year and how many miles in it? You might want to check the oil cooler's seal for leak.
I don't know any Infinity shop in the North Coast. My shop is in Santiago, and I don't even know if there is any Infinity dealer here.
I know one thing for sure. The local Nissan and even their main dealership in SD can't get (or just don't want to get??) any parts for cars that was sold in the US. They said they don't even have repair manual for those!!?? So I don't even bother to call them anymore, I just order the parts from the US.
I hope you find a good shop. It won't take much to ruin late model cars if someone doesn't know what he's doing.
Good luck with her new car and drive safely!

The Hun

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
It's actually shares the platform with the G35 and with the Nissan X350.
They are available in rear or 4 wheel drive and V-6 or V-8.
Luckily they don't have the CVT tranny, which is prone to fail.
Tight construction, not an easy access for repair, but I have seen worst.
Infinity is the luxury brand of Nissan, just like Toyota-Lexus or Honda-Acura.
I remember on the G35 and the FX35 the brakes where under powered. They where eating up pads and rotors.We use to update the pads with the ceramic once. If I remember correctly they re-design it in '05. They are dependable cars when you keep up with the manufacturer's suggested maintenance, use only GOOD QUALITY synthetic oil, replace it every 5K miles. They suggest 5W30, but since the climate pretty hot here, I'd use 10W30. Also, get the original Nissan oil filter (which made by Full, They are the OE supplier for most Japanese cars.) People don't realize they killing their engines by using cheap crap made in china, taiwan oil filters which barely has any filtering material in them.

What year and how many miles in it? You might want to check the oil cooler's seal for leak.
I don't know any Infinity shop in the North Coast. My shop is in Santiago, and I don't even know if there is any Infinity dealer here.
I know one thing for sure. The local Nissan and even their main dealership in SD can't get (or just don't want to get??) any parts for cars that was sold in the US. They said they don't even have repair manual for those!!?? So I don't even bother to call them anymore, I just order the parts from the US.
I hope you find a good shop. It won't take much to ruin late model cars if someone doesn't know what he's doing.
Good luck with her new car and drive safely!

The Hun

I have not seen the car yet, I will be back in th DR this weekend. It's an '04 with 47,000 miles (my wife thinks it's 47,000 kilometers but i'm sure she's wrong). Do you have any recommendation at all for a mechanic in the Sosua area? I would like to pass along your comments about oil, etc.. to someone who would follow through with the right materials - oil, filters, brakes etc. - D

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Based on reviews Greg's Garage has a good name on the north coast. I didn't have the opportunity to meet with them personally.
I don't know if they work on Infinity. I'm sure someone from the area can provide their contact information.
The Hun